China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the engines i see in the pictures of chinese cars in this forum is one way or another based on mostly Japanese designs of few years back. most common are the mitsubishi 2.4, isuzu diesels, and toyota engines.

Just want to know when will china make their own engines, and how about the high technology one say the Honda Vtec designs and varaiable timing engine of chinese design??

·
Registered
481 Posts
Chery ACTECO engines in the A5 and some few a15 / a11s are also Inhouse in co-op with AVL .

·
Registered
198 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
All the engines i see in the pictures of chinese cars in this forum is one way or another based on mostly Japanese designs of few years back. most common are the mitsubishi 2.4, isuzu diesels, and toyota engines.

Just want to know when will china make their own engines, and how about the high technology one say the Honda Vtec designs and varaiable timing engine of chinese design??
SONY buys LCD panels from Korean LG-Phillips,
SAMSUNG purchases Taiwan panel providers like Qimei for their cheaper TN paneled LCD monitors,

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tiggo said:
SONY buys LCD panels from Korean LG-Phillips,
SAMSUNG purchases Taiwan panel providers like Qimei for their cheaper TN paneled LCD monitors,
my question was about high tech engines being manufactured in chna, not TV screens:nono: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
198 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
my question was about high tech engines being manufactured in chna, not TV screens:nono: :rolleyes:
don't get it do u?

They use obsolete Japanese engines because those mitsubishis offered a better quality/price ratio than the homegrown engines, which at that time were not ready for mass production. It's like SONY buying cheaper Korean panels to cut the price without sacrificing much performance.

you wanna talk about hi-tec?

How about China's newly released turbo jet engine with afterburning?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Tiggo said:
who did they copy is from, Rolls Royce, GE, pratt & Whitney or most likely the Russians sold them for very little cash:D :lol:

also who is the bloke in the picture??:eek: :confused:

and please stick to the topic, instead of sneaking unrelated items such as TV screens and jet engines

·
Registered
198 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
who did they copy is from, Rolls Royce, GE, pratt & Whitney or most likely the Russians sold them for very little cash:D :lol:

also who is the bloke in the picture??

and please stick to the topic, instead of sneaking unrelated items such as TV screens and jet engines
If you read clearly what I said, you will find out the LCD thing is not offtopic.

and talking about CHINESE jet engine, technically it's not offtopic, look at yer title, it reads: CHINESE ENGINES

And you are complete moron if you really think that China copied everything occidental.

If you were a russian, would you sell your hardcore technology, which is one of their lifely importances as one of the very few things they have an advantage worldwide, to China who has the potential to make the Russian aviation industry bankrupt?

and if it were that easy to copy a jet engine, why 99% of the countries on earth are still buying jet engines or jet planes only from countries like US, UK and Russia?

if it were that easy to copy a jet engine, those Koreans or Japanese will be selling their cheaper engines all around the world, look at what they got in their jet inventory now. :D

Copy this copy that, why don't you try? copy me an engine and I'll buy it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
God Bless Japan is just another troll trying to be as obnoxious as possible. He's trying his best to be condescending and negative about everything Chinese. He should savor his moment now, because China's rapidly moving up in the world.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tiggo said:
If you read clearly what I said, you will find out the LCD thing is not offtopic.

and talking about CHINESE jet engine, technically it's not offtopic, look at yer title, it reads: CHINESE ENGINES

You are blatently offtopic, this is not a aviation forum, the other members reponding before u didnt make the same mistake as u:lol:

And you are complete moron if you really think that China copied everything occidental.

Right, china is very innovative, i give u that, its the other who copy from china:nono: :eek:

If you were a russian, would you sell your hardcore technology, which is one of their lifely importances as one of the very few things they have an advantage worldwide, to China who has the potential to make the Russian aviation industry bankrupt?

Russia is bankrupt, their aviation engines are not being improved due to lack of funds, and therefore willing to sell for the right money

and if it were that easy to copy a jet engine, why 99% of the countries on earth are still buying jet engines or jet planes only from countries like US, UK and Russia?

if it were that easy to copy a jet engine, those Koreans or Japanese will be selling their cheaper engines all around the world, look at what they got in their jet inventory now. :D

Koreans and Japanese do not make Jet engies for political reasons, but they do a lot of deal with boeing and airbus

Copy this copy that, why don't you try? copy me an engine and I'll buy it.
u are very sensitive arent you, getting emotional and all

·
Registered
198 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
u are very sensitive arent you, getting emotional and all
I am so happy to see that there are ignorant people who are completely unaware of what China really is like you, and I do not believe you are actually from the UK by judging from your English wordings.

CHINA is more innovative than most Asian countries combined, just look at how many things Japan and Korea and other nations have stolen from us in the past centuries.

I don't think that I need to list a list that Chinese people genuinely invented, not some jap type modification.

·
Registered
561 Posts
edge said:
God Bless Japan is just another troll trying to be as obnoxious as possible. He's trying his best to be condescending and negative about everything Chinese. He should savor his moment now, because China's rapidly moving up in the world.
i agree just look at it hes been here for a month and already has 160 post. Where almost all of them are describing how the chinese suck and how the japanese rock.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mitsubishi engines in china - to my knowledge these 2.4 and 2.0 4G64 4G63 engines have not been copied, they all come from a plant in shenyang which is a Mitsubishi JV, whilst the smaller 1.6 engines are in a Dongan plant which is invested by a Taiwanese company that is related to Mitsubishi.

Toyota - Geely have copied toyota engines and now include a variant with copied VVt.

Chery - designed by AVL, the chery engine family is now launching and includes VVT, Turbo and DGI technology in some variants.

Brilliance - designed by FEV, includes turbo technology, has DGI potential (running prototypes) but no VVT yet.

Others - there are Variable cam timing and variable valve timing variants of the Rover K series, so expect to see these in Nanjing and SAIC cars in near future.

Variable valve timing is something that lotus engineering are very strong on, and they have a division in china which is available to support chinese car manufacturers, so expect to see this technology if there is a market demand for it.

Note that the chinese driving style is traditionally very much based on low rpm and so I doubt you will see it the demand for variable timing being as strong as markets like UK where a lot of people like to live life on the red line.

I sometimes used to drive taxis in china for a laugh, and the owners used to panic anytime I started to go past 2500 - 3000 rpm.

·
Registered
121 Posts
you're so right, fightingtorque. however, you failed to mention that the chinese also put a high premium on fuel economy. for a country w/ such a big volume of cars & trucks, their gas stations are few & far between, so i guess a car w/ superior fuel economy would be favored by your average chinese car buyer. and if you find one, one star quality amenities would be the best you get.

the chinese gov't has legislated the maximum speed of commercial vehicles to not more than 120kph. is there legislation limiting top speed of cars?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tiggo said:
you wanna talk about hi-tec?

looks like the jet engine is not good enough for the J10, hence the J10 fighter plane is powered by imported Russian engines:lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
looks like the jet engine is not good enough for the J10, hence the J10 fighter plane is powered by imported Russian engines:lol:
Can u provide any source for your words? I read news that china has been assembling suhoi27 under the license and they produce the teak and modified one for previous Jen(?) fighters. And this J10 looks like their own fighter. And I'm not a jet engine expert like you who can judge through only the picture. But it looks better than F-2 that was built based on F16. And did Japan built F2 themself? No~~~~~~

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
superidler said:
Can u provide any source for your words? I read news that china has been assembling suhoi27 under the license and they produce the teak and modified one for previous Jen(?) fighters. And this J10 looks like their own fighter. And I'm not a jet engine expert like you who can judge through only the picture. But it looks better than F-2 that was built based on F16. And did Japan built F2 themself? No~~~~~~
Japan isnt allowed to build its own fighter planes after WW2. the J10 is not China's own design, the engine is russian and the body frame is an obsolete IAI Lavi.

http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1644

1 - 20 of 27 Posts