China Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Small economical hatches. Like ah, a yaris or Iq. Vw Up or Nano. Swift or Mazda 2 etc... small but roomy inside.Wha have the Chinese have in offer in this segment? I am lazy to look at every thread.There's too many. Just give me names and pictures that would be much appreciated.Thanks.

BTW, sales are down in Australia for med-to-large size vehicles due to high cost of fuel, well.... fuel has reduced in price this last couple of months.Also the issue of environment has impact on what people choose to drive.But most large v8 and v6 sip like a horse.With high cost of living here and maintenance etc. it's better to buy small cars. To get from A to B.

·
Administrator
16,808 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a question I have been asking for some time. While I have a hard time believing that the K car got that kind of mileage (maybe with a manual transmission, but I doubt many had that option), I have always found it a little disconcerting that society has progressed to this point, and efficiency hasn’t improved all that much. Sure, cars are heavier now (added safety features) but to me, that doesn’t account for the lack of increased fuel economy.

·
Registered
561 Posts
that is true only in some way though. Im an mechanical engineer undergrad, and took this mini course on engines. The fact of the matter is, gasoline engines has been around for 100+ years now, it has pretty much been fully mastered. Squeezing 1 mpg right now is alot harder than it is 20-30 years ago. Even with the new instant start stop technology, direct injection and everything the world would not see 80 mpg in a 300+hp in a production sedan.

I still believe that the future is towards fuel cell or electric power. Yes I know the power comes from burning coal and everything, but its easyer to regulate and control pollution in the power/hydrogen generating plant than it is in every single vehical on the road. Its easyer to spend billions optimizing one generating plant than it is reguating 1 million cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember the K car, all of my neighbors drove them. They are from an era when even wealthy Americans drove domestic cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts