China Car Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Unlikely since Elantra, last year's No. 1 best seller in China, was selling at a far higher price than they do in the US or in Korea.
Truth is, Elantra is not the only car that sells much higer than in the states or Korea, Accord or Civic in China also are of much higher price than their american brothers. Therefore I don't think it's an unfair comparison.

Last year's overall No.1 best seller is not Elantra, but this one.

Elantra was the bestseller No.1 in the category of 100K~150K RMB (13K~18K USD)

Even though SONATA is much cheaper than Accord, it still can't compete with Accord. Guangzhou Honda sold 114,000 Accord in 2005, almost three times more than SONATA.

Families don't buy SONATA, a lot sonatas are purchased by cab companies.

·
Registered
198 Posts
SONATA is a fine car though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Replying to that jerk is a waste of time. It is obvious that he is delusional and has an agenda of his own. His hate for China goes far beyond than just cars, he is here simply to antagonize.

The truth is that it doesn't matter what he thinks. China's car industry will prosper and become a dominant force on the world stage within the next twenty years. This is because China will soon become the world's largest auto market and China's automakers are beginning to bloom. Plus, there is a large number of Chinese automakers, it is inevitable that at least 4-5 of them will become global players.

The forces that are pushing China to become a great automaking nation are too big to ignore. Only fools like this jerk will focus on little details and not look at the big picture. Don't worry, he'll be eating his words in 15 years.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
China's car industry will prosper and become a dominant force on the world stage within the next twenty years.
Twenty years is too long for our friend Tiggo, he thinks Chinese cars will take over the world anyday now.

This is because China will soon become the world's largest auto market and China's automakers are beginning to bloom.
So are foreigners. Chinese automarket resembles the US more than Japan or Korea, where strong foreigners dominate over weak domestic manufacturers.

Plus, there is a large number of Chinese automakers, it is inevitable that at least 4-5 of them will become global players.
US has just two global players, GM and Ford.

Japan has just two global players, Toyota and Honda. Nissan was sold to Renault.

Korea has just one global player, Hyundai/Kia group.

China can have two global players at most.

Only fools like this jerk will focus on little details and not look at the big picture.
I see the big pictures just fine, SAIC and FAW becoming two Chinese global players, with the rest(including Tiggo's favorite company Chery) falling a victim to extreme competition in the domestic market.

·
Registered
450 Posts
big players, small players, the market needs them all.

some players, such as Ferrari, will focus on sports cars only, not particularly important, but nice.

other players, such as Ford, GM, Hyundai, focus more on mass market - not as exciting but more practical and affordable.

If the Chinese are really clever, maybe they could build a 5 seat, sub 10k USD car that can outperform a Ferrari?

It's a big challenge, but these are the guys that built that massive wall that you can see from space.

Who wants to bet how long it takes before a chinese car can eat a Ferrari? 1 yr, 5yrs, 10 yrs?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Some of "I hate China" 's opinions may be true but the way he talks is too aggressive. He has chosen a negative attitude already and won't change his mind no matter what happens. It's useless to argue with him. In all of his comments he is trying to stop what he knows is inevitable, the rise of Chinese car industry.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I personally adore Subaru, not so big a player but damn he's got something really unique and cool. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
FAW is going to launch its Xiali C1 and D1, exposed to the shanghai motor show in 2005, in Europe by 2008.
I think that these cars don't look bad for a price of around 6000€ and 8000€ respectively...
Xiali C1.jpg

Xiali D1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
pititeurasienne said:
FAW is going to launch its Xiali C1 and D1, exposed to the shanghai motor show in 2005, in Europe by 2008.
I think that these cars don't look bad for a price of around 6000€ and 8000€ respectively...
View attachment 60

View attachment 61
these will do great, where are they starting in EU? are they starting sales in Eastern europe
?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That is if Xiali could pass EU crash and emissions test.

Judging by the struggle of Zhonghua(a luxury car by Chinese standard) to obtain EU certification, I doubt it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:

Judging by the struggle of Zhonghua(a luxury car by Chinese standard) to obtain EU certification, I doubt it.
just watch

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:

No one in CHINA thinks Zhonghua is a luxury car, we don't even consider the Hyundai Equus or Dynasty, or KIA Opirus luxury cars in CHINA.(They are called Korean cars)

We have plenty of Audi A6, A8, BMW, Mercedes or Porche to be called "Luxury Cars" in CHINA.

You wanna compare? :nod:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts