China Car Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for your input, and clarifying the origins of CFMoto.

Up until Chinese manufacturers of Motorcycles - Scooters - ATV do not establish their own presence in the North American market, and persist or prefer to do it through "importer / distributors" it will be a long "uphill" effort to gain market position and improved credibility.

They have initial success since most "motorsport" dealers sell several brands of the same product.

Will the typical North American customers buy Honda - Yamaha - Kawasaki - Suzuki - Kymco?

Consumers want a reliable product, with excellent support as you mention.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shawoom said:
I see this idea of yours as rather simplistic and I am talking from personal experience. 1. There is NO brand equity 2. The Chinese are not investing anything - hard enough to get money from them in the car business, let alone in motorcycles/scooters 3. After-sales and service is in shambles. 4. Only very large corporations can benchmark such a project especially in the US 5. The displacement of the engines is the least of all issues to tackle.

I've been in sales for 28 years and the last 18 in the car business......25 years riding and purchacing bikes all in the target market that your the expert in!

It's hard to break into the US market with a 250cc or less bike because people don't really want one so they probably will not want to read about one...so the people that write for the magazines will not write about them......has this been :mad: simplistic enough yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Korean's are only a couple years ahead of the Chinese in my market!
the only offering above 250cc is a v-twin copy of a Suzuki 650cc...but the savings is only about $700 over the Suzuki and $100 more for a Kawasaki! A inline 4 600cc's or bigger from China would cost less then Korea's V-Twin and make it to all the mag's and sell (.)

:nono: Don't go after Hyosong though......just pass them up and kick Japan's @ss at there own game!

2007 Current Pricing.....

Inline 4's.....
Honda CBR600rr $9499
Kawasaki ZZR600 $7299
Suzuki GXSR600 $8899
Yamaha YZF-R6 $9299
Yamaha YZF-R6S $8299
Suzuki GSX650 $6999
V-2's.....
Hyosung GT650R $6299
Kawasaki Ninja 650 $6399
Suzuki sv650s $6499

Come in at $5999 msrp or less in the US with a 600cc inline 4 with about 100 hp and you can own the market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And its a big market!!!!!!!
Two-wheeler sales moves up 11.42% 1st May, 2007
  • Total two-wheeler sales has gone up to 7.86 million units in 2006-07, up 11.42% from 7.05 million last year.
  • Hero Honda Motors Ltd, the largest motorcycle-maker of the world, maintains its market share at 41.35% market share in 2006-07, almost similar to previous year at 41.24%.
  • Bajaj Auto Ltd continues to rank second with 26.70% market share, TVS Motor Company Ltd at third position with 18.14% market share.
Motorcycle Sales Statistics - 2005

Motorcycle and Scooter Sales Top 1 Million
by Rick K. for webBikeWorld
The total estimated U.S. motorcycle sales numbers for 2005 have recently been made available by the Motorcycle Industry Council, and I've compiled some of the data in a series of graphs (below).
Sales of motorcycles (including street, off-road and dual-purpose) and scooters totaled 1,088,994 in 2005, up from 965,399 in 2004, a rise of 4.5%. Overall sales have been on a gradual increase since 1992 (see chart).
webBikeWorld visitor "T.S." reminded us that the numbers shown below only include MIC members, so the actual numbers of motorcycles, scooters and ATVs sold in the U.S.A. is probably higher.
That's especially so for scooters; there were dozens of Chinese and Asian scooter manufacturers displaying their products at the recent 2005 Powersports Dealer Expo, and as far as I can tell, their sales totals are not included here.
That being said, there were a few surprises in these numbers, at least for me. The scooter market is apparently thriving, probably helped along by the increasing price of fuel. Although the overall number of scooters sold is still a fraction of street bike sales (about 8.8% in 2005), scooter sales nevertheless rose 17.45% to 56,899 in 2005 from 48,445 in 2004.

...........One more fact to answer "Why a inline 4 cylinder?".........

For those who didn't personally experience the revolution that Honda launched with the 1969 CB750, it's difficult to fully comprehend the impact of this landmark motorcycle. In 1969 Honda had been in America for only 10 years, and at that time European bikes--especially British--defined the parameters of high performance. In one deft move, Honda instantly elevated the entire motorcycle industry to a new and higher plane. Suddenly, the heretofore contradictory elements of jaw-dropping performance, engineering sophistication and mechanical reliability would become interwoven into a seamless whole, thanks to the CB750K0.
Here was modern motorcycling's first large inline four-cylinder production bike, a SOHC 736cc marvel of engineering that introduced power and civility as flip sides of the same coin. Just as significant was the CB750's disc brake, the very first to be fitted on a production motorcycle, plus a new level of all-around competence. With more than 400,000 CB750s sold during its nine-year life, this bike single-handedly shifted the center of the high-performance motorcycling world from England to Japan and ushered in a whole new level of expectation on the part of discerning motorcyclists.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dude, When did Suzuki GSX650F became a V-Twin?

Blue Dragon said:
V-2's.....
Hyosung GT650R $6299
Kawasaki Ninja 650 $6399
Suzuki GSX650F $6999
Were you thinking about the SV-650? haha

·
Registered
56 Posts
One of many reasons of why 250cc Bikes won't "take-off" in NA or Europe is that they are somewhat not suitable for Highway conditions. (Poor acceleration + low top speed.)

+ other riders will point and laugh at you on your 250cc "moped".. (I laugh at people riding anything smaller then 600cc bikes in their face and then say, dude, when are you going to grow up and get a real bike? However, I do cut some slacks for beginners.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
mikoyan said:

Were you thinking about the SV-650? haha

:eek: My bad .......good catch! :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is a good thing they should introduce the bike as there bikes good and there rates are also less than other.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts