China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh please.

The piece has little or nothing to do with the Chinese Auto Industry. I saw the vehicle he's holding up in the picture - it's an old 330 P4 from the early seventies and replicas of that car are nothing new. In fact, American companies have been building "faux-rarris" for many more years than the Chinese.

Come to Carlisle, Pa., next month for the Import-Kit show and you'll see dozens of faux-rarris, based on all kinds of things - including VW Beetles, 1980's Trans-ams, Pontiac Fieros, even a few proprietary chassis.

The car is clearly a replica and hasn't been passed of as the real deal - nor is it in series production (as some American and British replicars are). Some British replicars are actually 100% clones of the original vehicles and can cost up to $100,000 (for a Lynx Jaguar D-type).

If this were a cheapo $10,000 F355 rep in series production, then you might have a point. But it isn't.

If you're going to attack the Chinese industry on the basis of xenophobia, at least find some better material.

·
Registered
481 Posts
so you the FERRARI that FightingTorque raced is also a Fake-E-Rarri ?

anyways hater , look at the sky ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

WOPPS ! that was a HUGE piano !

out :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
well since ferrari is such a good car and everything it should take some technology to make it, i think that china making this fake ferrrari just proves that they have this technology. i mean they were the third country to bring man to space, how many countries could do that? not the italians

·
Registered
450 Posts
I can't take the credit for that. I would love to set up my own sports car production, and of course I would do it in China. However, from this website I have learned the importance of CHASSIS and so I am currently trying to save an additional 499.9M USD to be able to start the project.

If I set a similar target to Bricklin of trying to raise 100M per year, I should have it about the same time as hater graduates from school. I will hire him to design and develop the chassis, thus scooping one of the global chassis experts as well as getting the buy in of the world's most anti-chinese consumer at the same time. The rest should be a breeze.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mr. Kimchi, you don't really know there is something called DIY, do you?

It is an outfit modification of a KIA, handmaded by the driver himself for entertaining.

Sorry didn't know that forum doesn't allow hotlinks. now fixed.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Voila, c'est fini~

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks...:)

Even i came from Malaysia but i never proud of Proton.. and i believe most Malaysian also feel the same.. Malaysia is only can proud with the Twin-Tower, other than that it still a third-world, abit worst than Thailand...

the main reason is our local car especially Proton is a goverment subsidy company... And due to this the goverment of Malaysia is protecting too much for Proton.. Even Proton own Lotus(The British sport car manufacture), it atcually is bought by using goverment money(taxpayer) and give it to Proton..

Every import-brand car is given heavy tax but not to Proton and other local brand eg Naza, Perodua, Inokom.. But only Proton which getting the most protection and privilege from our goverment... And more than 95% of Proton car sold in the world is came from Malaysia..

The Chevy A160 sold in Malaysia at RM70,000 include the more-than 100% of duty and tax. Proton Waja(Impian in UK) is only RM60,000 where less than 5% of tax is taken...

Currenty Naza is also assemble and selling a Hafei Lobo Brio which name Naza Sutera, which price tag is RM40,000 after include all the stupid tax and duty..

Until today Proton still selling car which first introduce in 1985 which just been facelift again and again with same chassis.. Proton still never make own engine except the engine is bought from Mitsubishi and Renault.. And among the main problem is their car quality..

And recently Proton sales keep dropping and Perodua is overtake Proton and become the best-selling car in Malaysia...

·
Registered
627 Posts
ProtonSucks said:
thanks...:)

Even i came from Malaysia but i never proud of Proton.. and i believe most Malaysian also feel the same.. Malaysia is only can proud with the Twin-Tower, other than that it still a third-world, abit worst than Thailand...

the main reason is our local car especially Proton is a goverment subsidy company... And due to this the goverment of Malaysia is protecting too much for Proton.. Even Proton own Lotus(The British sport car manufacture), it atcually is bought by using goverment money(taxpayer) and give it to Proton..

Every import-brand car is given heavy tax but not to Proton and other local brand eg Naza, Perodua, Inokom.. But only Proton which getting the most protection and privilege from our goverment... And more than 95% of Proton car sold in the world is came from Malaysia..

The Chevy A160 sold in Malaysia at RM70,000 include the more-than 100% of duty and tax. Proton Waja(Impian in UK) is only RM60,000 where less than 5% of tax is taken...

Currenty Naza is also assemble and selling a Hafei Lobo Brio which name Naza Sutera, which price tag is RM40,000 after include all the stupid tax and duty..

Until today Proton still selling car which first introduce in 1985 which just been facelift again and again with same chassis.. Proton still never make own engine except the engine is bought from Mitsubishi and Renault.. And among the main problem is their car quality..

And recently Proton sales keep dropping and Perodua is overtake Proton and become the best-selling car in Malaysia...
Welcome Chinese brother! Proton only exists because they have Chinese engineers working for them. 1/3rd of Malaysia population is Chinese. If not for Chinese in Malaysia there would be no Proton, no Perodua. Have you been to Alado Chery dealer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts