China Car Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks for the superb photos great06. They among the best I have seen on this forum.

As the old Chinese saying goes: A picture is worth a thousand words........

·
Registered
450 Posts
police car paintjob change

chinese police cars used to be blue at the bottom and white at the top. In 2004 they were all changed to the current upside down nike swoosh. How to change all police car paintwork in the space of a few days? I think every bodyshop in china got a piece of the action.

I came across this one day during the conversion period:

·
Registered
68 Posts
outofin said:
Police car? See this! Looks like right ripped off from a manga book. Make a lot of sense for pedestrianized areas.

we call that a Tok-Tok here in Egypt

·
Registered
450 Posts
off duty police car

I have always been amused by the way that police cars (certainly in smaller cities in china) are used for personal transport on the weekends or evenings. Not uncommon to see a police car being driven by a bloke in his civ. clothing with his wife and child in the passenger seat.

Also that most traffic police are on motorbikes, whereas the cars are usually not on traffic duty. This used to be even easier to spot as the traffic police hadd 122 stickers instead of 110 (these are the emergency phone numbers, 110 is general police, 122 for traffic). The result of this is that it was not uncommon to be behind what appeared to be a police car on the highway, whilst already at or above the speed limit, and my Chinese colleagues beeping and flashing it to get it out the way so we could go past!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts