China Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive found some old Chinese cars from the 70's and 80's. Beautiful they are, very much like American cars of the 60's (why are Chinese cars always a decade behind??) but everyone is telling me that Chinese cars over 12years old cant be on the road.

Anyone know any different?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont have any pictures at the moment - but I have price of one thats not in great condition but not in a bad condition either - 3000rmb.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what does 3000 rmb equal in euros or gold/silver? No point quoting in U$D as that currency will probably decline another 25% by the time i get round to reading this, lol.
Guess this would be a fortuitous time to exchange funds into rmb, year of the pig and all?

·
Registered
47 Posts
This used be true in Beijing a few years ago but now I believe it is 15 years. I tried to register a 1989 VW Beetle but the registration bureau said my car was too old. Every major city in China has different rules about this, imported and domestic. I would contact local police bureau or vehicle registration in your city to get the best answer.

my website

www.beijingmotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Chinalewis your first hand experience is much appreciated here. Thank you.

Keep those motorsports updates coming.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.