Does anyone has pics from the Beijing CB4? I tried to find but never got one.
And what about the Beijing BJ750, from the late 70's or early 80's? All pics I always found were front views, can anyone post a rear view pic?
Thanks in advance.
Hello PGMJ, all these cars are included in one of my books: Cars and 4x4s from Beijing and Tianjin, see http://www.chinesecars.net/index.php?page=4
From the CB4 I show 12 photos, from the BJ750 13 photos. Also from the rear side. Greetings, Erik.
1. Jinggangshan 2-door version, one made, June 1958 (this model is preserved and in the BAIC collection).
2. Jinggangshan 4-door version, 154 made 1959-1960.
3. Beijing Limousine first model, 6 made 1958-1959.
4. Beijing Inspection model, open car, 2 made 1958.
5. Beijing CB4 limousine, 22 made 1959- 1962. (one in the FAW Warehouse collection)
6. Dongfanghong BJ760, 238 made 1960-1969. (one model in the Luo Wenyou Huairou collection)
7. Dongfanghong BJ761, a sedan (only one made), 1967.
8. Hongwei BJ761, stationwagon, 1967.
9. Beijing BJ750 (that's your car, KiwiGuy), 134 made, 1974-1981
10. Beijing BJ751, two made, wankel engine!, 1975.
11. Beijing BJ752, three made, 1987.
12. Beijing BJ6470, 1996, Mazda 929 estate cars, 433 made, locally assembled.
13. Beijing BJ6490, 1996, Holden Commodore stationwagon copy, one version electrically powered.
14. Beijing BJ5020, 1997, two made.
15. Beijing BJ6410 Fengjing, 2000, locally assembled Renault Scenic, 300 made.
Besides a number of minicars (11 different designs!) are made by the Qinghua University, in 1958-1961.
You will find pictures in my book:
"Cars and 4x4s from Beijing and Tianjin", http://www.chinesecars.net/index.php?page=4