China Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being new to this forum, i was wondering if someone could clarify whether it is just me, or do most (if not all )these chinese pickups carry the same equipment. engines, taillights, bodytypes, instruments etc. a number of these pickups are now on the jamaican market and to be honest, there is no superior feature in any brand to boast about; often while driving, i use the exterior features to determine that the vehicle is chinese however it is hard to defrientiate exactly what brand it is. can any one shed any light as to the similarities.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey there ,

I wasn't really paying attention to trucks , but from what I've seen here , most of the chinese trucks are based on older ( 1990s ) Japaneese & Korean trucks , like the ISUZUs & Toyotas

That's why they are not that diffrent from each other , except maybe for GWM , which I think style thier cars better than the rest , especialy thier 4x4 Division , speaking of 4x4 , they are also still derived from older japaneese ones , especialy the Frontera and Rav4 .

I am not sure if this is a LEGAL move ,or its just another copy & paste series :D tho .

·
Registered
47 Posts
boring off road's

You seem to have hit the nail on the head! It appears as though something like 90% of the Chinese made SUV's, CUV's, MPV's, pick-ups, are using the same exterior/interior designs, something like an amalgam of Isuzu, Toyota, Mitsubishi copies, with a particular Chinese perk thrown in.

They nearly all run on the same engine styles, 2.0L-2.4L Mitsubishi (or a copy of such), which hardly delivers enough power for the size and weight of these machinese, especially not with their 4WD pretentions.

This is yet another example of the Chinese "wannabe" - similar examples are clearly visible in the motorbike market with the Chinese "customs" made with pathetic 125cc engines.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
sir wellington said:
being new to this forum, i was wondering if someone could clarify whether it is just me, or do most (if not all )these chinese pickups carry the same equipment. engines, taillights, bodytypes, instruments etc. a number of these pickups are now on the jamaican market and to be honest, there is no superior feature in any brand to boast about; often while driving, i use the exterior features to determine that the vehicle is chinese however it is hard to defrientiate exactly what brand it is. can any one shed any light as to the similarities.
welcome to chinacarforums sir wellington:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts