China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
That's what happens when Chery tries to design a car by itself.
Design a car by itself?

You think koreans can do a proper design work? they need to ask the italians for help.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Design a car by itself?

You think koreans can do a proper design work? they need to ask the italians for help.
Again, you are confusing "engineering" with "styling".

When I said "design", I meant "engineering". Chery never engineered a chassis of its own before and S21 appears to be Chery's first major inhouse engineering work, stretching a Matiz chassis.

The problem is, Daewoo specifically optimized Matiz for 3.5x1.5 m dimension and the chassis may not be able to accept a 500 mm stretch. Most western car companies restrict a chassis stretch to 200 mm or less because of structural integrity issues. I know Daewoo itself would never stretch Matiz by 500 mm, they have another chassis falling in that dimension category.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Again, you are confusing "engineering" with "styling".

When I said "design", I meant "engineering". Chery never engineered a chassis of its own before and S21 appears to be Chery's first major inhouse engineering work, stretching a Matiz chassis.

The problem is, Daewoo specifically optimized Matiz for 3.5x1.5 m dimension and the chassis may not be able to accept a 500 mm stretch. Most western car companies restrict a chassis stretch to 200 mm or less because of structural integrity issues. I know Daewoo itself would never stretch Matiz by 500 mm, they have another chassis falling in that dimension category.
The problem is that you can whine all day long and people will still buy Chinese cars because we can make our cars better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tiggo said:
The problem is that you can whine all day long and people will still buy Chinese cars because we can make our cars better.
You can build your cars better?

I can understand if you said cheaper, but I have seen absolutely no evidence that China has made a GOOD car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
E46DinanM3 said:

I can understand if you said cheaper, but I have seen absolutely no evidence that China has made a GOOD car.
If you say so.

·
Registered
772 Posts

No point talking to a nationalistic Chinese. They just don't understand that any new car is expected to receive a "Good" rating in IIHS crash testing and not break down for 8 years with regular maintenance.

A car that does not break down for 8 years? Chinese never heard of such a thing in their homeland.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
No point talking to a nationalistic Chinese. They just don't understand that any new car is expected to receive a "Good" rating in IIHS crash testing and not break down for 8 years with regular maintenance.

A car that does not break down for 8 years? Chinese never heard of such a thing in their homeland.
Look who's talking, a mental mastrabating American Korean who likes to associate Hyundai with Toyata and got pissed off by Chinese auto industry's rise?

Wake up, Korean cars will never have the reputation as TOYOTA and HONDA no matter how hard you try, quality is life, true! but sure Koreans don't dare to take innovation in order to keep the "technical failure rate" low. TFR Being lower than average German cars doesn't mean you make better cars.

If you hate Chery so much, you'd have signed up as "I hate Chery" instead of yer current shititle which is biased enough to get you a permanent ban on any international forum.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Wake up, Korean cars will never have the reputation as TOYOTA and HONDA no matter how hard you try,
What happens to Koreans doesn't interest me; I am a Toyota driver myself and would never consider a Chinese car.

If you hate Chery so much, you'd have signed up as "I hate Chery" instead of yer current shititle which is biased enough to get you a permanent ban on any international forum.
Not just Chery, but Geely, Jiangling, and Shuanghuan pirate bunch.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
What happens to Koreans doesn't interest me; I am a Toyota driver myself and would never consider a Chinese car.

What model toyota do you drive. do you know toyota pirates alot of cars. Most of the Lexus cars were pirated from Mercedes Benz.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:

I don't think it was too long ago that Korean cars also had a reputation for being cheap and copycats of others. I don't know why you find it so difficult to believe that China can get to world standards when Korea has, despite the fact that China has 1000X the resources, market and potential to get there. Or do you want to claim that Chinese are an inferior race? Well, if that was the case, there is nothing more pathetic than Koreans, who copied their entire culture from an "inferior race".

You know what? You just sound like a lonely, depressed, angry, bitter person. Look at the title you decided to choose. That's the face you want to show the world? That you hate another country? Unfortunately, there are many Koreans just like you, that's why so many other ethnicities find it so hard to get along with Koreans. Unfortunately for you, even though you might hate China, your brothers and sisters in your homeland will be speaking Chinese in this coming generation and in the future.

·
Registered
772 Posts
What model toyota do you drive.
98 Camry LE.

do you know toyota pirates alot of cars.
Clearly, we have a language problem and you do not seem to understand the meaning of "piracy" as it means in the West.

A "Styling Inspirated by Somebody else's work" is not piracy, it is an inspiration. Cars look alike with each other all the time and it's OK, as long as it doesn't look 99% identical.

"Piracy" means theft of somebody else's design work without his permission, as done by Chery and dozen other Chinese firms. Mechanical parts replication without permission is illegal everywhere but China. When Chery replicates Matiz and sells it as QQ in China, you have a case of piracy here.

Most of the Lexus cars were pirated from Mercedes Benz.
When you say this line to a westerner he doesn't understand what you mean, as "piracy" means illegal mechanical replication and Toyota did no such thing. Looking similar is fine.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't think it was too long ago that Korean cars also had a reputation for being cheap and copycats of others.
Cheap yes. Copycat no. Hell, those Korean cars weren't even being designed by Koreans, but by Mitsubish(for Hyundai), GM(for Daewoo), and Ford/Mazda(for Kia). Since it was Mitsubish, GM, and Ford/Mazda themselves supplying Koreans with original designs to build, copycat arguement doesn't hold.

I don't know why you find it so difficult to believe that China can get to world standards when Korea has
Simple.

1. The automotive safety, quality, and emissions standards in developed markets have risen to the point where it blocks out any entry attempts by newcomers. I mean, you need to achieve PZEV(Partially Zero Emission Vehicle) or SULEV(Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle) to sell cars in California nowadays, and how is Chery or Geely supposed to attain that when even GM and Ford are having trouble meeting those?

2. Lack of fund. Hyundai(The only one to break into the US market) got a $20 billion in cash injection from its parent. I don't know where Chery is going to get $20 billion in cash injection from.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Cheap yes. Copycat no. Hell, those Korean cars weren't even being designed by Koreans, but by Mitsubish(for Hyundai), GM(for Daewoo), and Ford/Mazda(for Kia). Since it was Mitsubish, GM, and Ford/Mazda themselves supplying Koreans with original designs to build, copycat arguement doesn't hold.

Simple.

1. The automotive safety, quality, and emissions standards in developed markets have risen to the point where it blocks out any entry attempts by newcomers. I mean, you need to achieve PZEV(Partially Zero Emission Vehicle) or SULEV(Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle) to sell cars in California nowadays, and how is Chery or Geely supposed to attain that when even GM and Ford are having trouble meeting those?

2. Lack of fund. Hyundai(The only one to break into the US market) got a $20 billion in cash injection from its parent. I don't know where Chery is going to get $20 billion in cash injection from.

You do realize that Chery and many other automakers (with Geely as one of the rare exceptions, a completely private firm with no ties to the government) are state industries, do you? In fact, the reason why it has survived is because the local government made big purchases on Chery cars to support the company. That's why it has grown as fast as it has.

China's government supports its automakers and the government isn't exactly poor, in fact, it holds the world's greatest foreign reserves. Anyways, China's government has the auto industry as a major focus as one of the pillar industries of the Chinese economy, and one of the clear goals for the next few years is the establishment of Chinese brands, something that was neglected for many years.

You're way off on that one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts