China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yup.
But going for the trucks.
Alot of Dutchies there with there DAF,Ginaf and MAN.
They won yesterday :)
Since Citroen left i really don't care about the cars.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Unfortunately this year no Chinese manufactures participate. In 2006 Jiangling sent two of their pick-ups but both failed after two stages. But we can always cheer to Chinese drivers and this year there are two private racing drivers:

No: 367 Liu Bin, Mitsubishi Pajero
No: 370 Lu Ningjun, Nissan Pathfinder

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mg-zs said:
Yup.
Kamaz will win again :p actually I think De Rooy has a chance.

The team I'm going for in Truck catergory is Team Exact-MAN (Hans Stacey) :thumb:

Raul said:
Unfortunately this year no Chinese manufactures participate. In 2006 Jiangling sent two of their pick-ups but both failed after two stages. But we can always cheer to Chinese drivers and this year there are two private racing drivers:

No: 367 Liu Bin, Mitsubishi Pajero
No: 370 Lu Ningjun, Nissan Pathfinder
Cheering for anyone else Raul ?

Carlos Sainz won stage 2 in his VW, VW in Top 3 spots entering Africa :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
phaeton said:
Cheering for anyone else Raul ?
Of course I cheer for Ari Vatanen who is a Finnish rally champion :nod: After first stage he was third but yesterday on second stage he drove too fast into a water and his car stalled. He lost over one hour in that incident. The race is almost over for him :nono:

Touaregs are doing very well but I'm afraid that Mitsubishi's are coming even faster now when they enter African soil.

·
Registered
547 Posts
mg-zs said:
Yup.
There is actually one Citroen in the race. It's a twin-engined 2cv, four wheel drive :thumb:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Isnt there two Chinese guys in a Dongfeng Nissan Prado driving? They usually dont do too great though....

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raul said:
Of course I cheer for Ari Vatanen who is a Finnish rally champion :nod: After first stage he was third but yesterday on second stage he drove too fast into a water and his car stalled. He lost over one hour in that incident. The race is almost over for him :nono:

Touaregs are doing very well but I'm afraid that Mitsubishi's are coming even faster now when they enter African soil.
Ari has fought back from 113th 1hr 37mins behind to 57th position and is 1hr 48mins behind Carlos Sainz, Ari will catch up with the long stages I'm sure of that :thumb:

Don't discredit VW yet Mitsubishi may have experience but can't hold No. 1 forever ;)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
although he's been out practice because of his NASCAR involvement, we're hoping Robby Gordon will get back in his ole off-road groove, and win with his big Hummer entry.

·
Registered
186 Posts
phaeton said:
Kamaz will win again :p actually I think De Rooy has a chance.

The team I'm going for in Truck catergory is Team Exact-MAN (Hans Stacey) :thumb:

Prob is that Kamaz drive the whole year.
Teams like De Rooy and Team Exact-MAN drive only Dakar.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
According to an Associated Press release, Robby Gordon won the sixth stage of the Dakar Rally on Thursday. His Hummer completed the 245-mile stage in 2 hours, 58 minutes, 57 seconds, going from Tan-Tan, Morocco to Zouerat, Mauritania.

His position overall is 18th. Go Robby!

I'm sorry to hear that Jiangling didn't qualify this year.....Lord knows they've got a record of trying hard enough with those Isuzu-based SUVs....

·
Registered
325 Posts
chinacartimes said:
Isnt there two Chinese guys in a Dongfeng Nissan Prado driving? They usually dont do too great though....
I meant Paladin. Whoops.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.