China Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend, a Mandarin pro, would like to make friends to you guys, and also like to teach you guys Chinese, as a gesture to thank for your concerning about China and Chinese cars. And also a way to spread the Chinese culture. If any of you are interested, feel free to contact him:
[email protected].
He is a very friendly and passionate guy. He prefer the voice teaching way, so if you are in China the effect would be better. Otherwise, the quality could not be guaranteed. Hope you can have fun:thumb:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
help with Mandarin

Welcome Handlane.
If your friend is technical and knows anything about cars, it would be great if he joined our discussions here and helped us with some Mandarin vocabulary related to the Chinese car industry. You know words like 发动机 (engine), 皮卡 (pickup), 油耗 (fuel consumption), 内国 汽车 (domestic car), etc.. Of course we'd need to know the Pinyin spellings (with the four tone indicators) such as, zhou2ju4 (wheelbase) too. He'd be advertising his services at the same time.
I think it would not only help us English speakers but would also be valuable to the Chinese speakers that visit this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
fightingtorque said:
and of course 'di-pan' which means floor pan, or CHASSIS.

that's the most important one. apparently.

It means Chassis.

You guys know a lot Chinese. Glad to join in this fab forum!

My major is Automotive Engineering, and I speak "ok" English. If you have any questions about Chinese, I hope I can help!

By the way, "domestic car" is 国内汽车, Dragin wrote it wrong way round. But you are really good!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
weiw3 said:
It means Chassis.

You guys know a lot Chinese. Glad to join in this fab forum!

My major is Automotive Engineering, and I speak "ok" English. If you have any questions about Chinese, I hope I can help!

By the way, "domestic car" is 国内汽车, Dragin wrote it wrong way round. But you are really good!:thumb:
welcome to china car forums weiw3!:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
domestic car, I think it should be 国产汽车,which means domestic made car,
althouth 国内汽车, is the literally correct, but nobody say that way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts