China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
561 Posts
if only they can lower the roof, knock off the sliding doors, make a truck, lower it, bolt on a stronger engine, bigger rims, wheel arches, a twin torbo, spoiler, and turn it into a performance coupe that would be awsome.
just imagine people, that front end as a coupe, and paint it adrenalin orange or something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there anyone kind enough to advise what are the china manufacturer making right hand drive vehicles:confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I read on China Car Times that it got 4 stars on a Euro NCAP crash-test.

Can somebody give me the link to the article where it says that?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Ubiquitous in China

Raul said:
I found a picture of Dongfeng's new MPV. I didn't know Dongfeng had co-operation with Mitsubishi as this car looks like a Mitsubishi Grandis :confused:
Yes Raul, Dongfeng has a long-standing tie-up with Mitsubishi, the Japanese car company that seems to show up in every corner of China's auto industry.
Dongfeng had the rights way back in 2001 to build the Mitsubishi Future MPV(Delica Space Gear) at its subsidiary in Liuzhou, Guangxi.
Baolong, now a FAW subsidiary, also built that MPV down in Guangdong.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are absolutely right Dragin, I forgot that Dongfeng is so big company with many branches and connections.

And welcome back to CCF :thumb:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks Raul. By the way that Future MPV got quite a good score from JD Power in its Initial Quality Survey of 2005. It was 183, scoring well above other Chinese models. Hope the new MPV will do even better.
I always enjoy reading you very informative posts.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dongfeng Launches Its First Own-Brand Hatchback "Joyear"

SHANGHAI - October 16, 2007:

Dongfeng Motor Group, China's third-largest automaker, released its first own-brand passenger car--"Joyear" today, which is scheduled to hit the market later this month.

By design, this new hatchback is 4320 cm in length, 1804 cm in width and 1644 cm in height, leaving bigger in-vehicle room for the passengers. Apart from its outlook, the automaker is very confident with its safety performance, saying that Joyear has achieved four-star rating from Euro NCAP crash test.

Joyear is manufactured in Dongfeng Liuzhou Motor Co., one of Dongfeng's subsidiaries. "DFLZ is planning to launch more own-brand models in sedan and SUV segments," said Cheng Daoran, general manager of DFLZ. "We have constructed a new platform for B-segment sedans alongside the existing Fengxing 7-11 platform," Cheng added.

Joyear is set to compete with such models as Ford Focus, VW Bora, and Nissan Tiida. Though details of prices have not come out, analysts forecast it'll be at around 130,000 yuan ($17,253).

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
ash said:
"We have constructed a new platform for B-segment sedans alongside the existing Fengxing 7-11 platform," Cheng added.
I understand that "Fengxing" is a brand name used by Dongfeng for the cars produced by its Liuzhou subsidiary. And that this Joyear is being added to the lineup.
Does anyone know what models are currently built on the Fengxing 7-11 platform mentioned by Mr. Cheng in the above quote? Is one the Futurer model, which is a Mitsubishi-Space Gear-based MPV? If so what are the others?

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,662 Posts
Joyear

China-made 1.8T "Joyear" debuts at Beijing auto show.

Fengxing Automobile debuted its 1.8T Joyear equipped with a turbocharging engine at Beijing auto show.

Joyear's 1.8T engine is equipped with the British Rover's power train, which is an important project introduced by SAIC after its purchased the Rover technology. By adopting the innovated Honeywell TCL-Tech turbocharging technology, the high-performance all-aluminum alloy cold turbocharging engine has solved the persistent problem caused by the turbine wheel of the traditional turbocharging engine and has acquired the same power response sensitivity with the ordinary a naturally aspirated engine.

Without increasing the engine emissions, the turbocharging technology cuts the fuel consumption effectively, raises the power and the torque, and also reduces the pollutant discharge. With maximum output at 118Kw and top torque at 215Nm, the engine can provide strong power continually between 2100 rpm and 4600 rpm. Both accelerating and overtaking are all freely maneuverable.

Sources said that Fengxing 1.8T Joyear, the first Chinese hatchback version equipped with the turbocharging powertrain, is priced at 123,800 yuan ($17,700). At this Beijing auto show, 1.8T Joyear will display an automatic transmission model.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts