China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Re: Dongfeng Kia K2 (Rio)

The K2 looks to be Kia Forte-sized. Like the compact class Forte does for the U.S.

Really this car is looking about as long as a Ford Focus, which is considered a compact car

So Kia Motors is selling the Rio as a compact car in China, very interesting. Keep an eye on Kia Motors,
they're sharp as tacks and wily as coyote's. :lol:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts

I'd be interested in one of these for the States over here. I'd opt for the 5-speed manual in either that blue showing on there or the silver. Awesome looking car, and here in the States one gets the Kia Long Haul Warranty, which is 10 years and 100,000 miles on the powertrain (for the original owner only).

The 2012 Kia Rio hatchback is actually on my shopping list...in a couple of years. The car shown on here, the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, just went over 73,000 miles and is an absolute champion on the road. I love it's bodystyle best. I am considering trading this Mitsubishi in on a Mitsubishi Outlander SUV with roofracks for our kayak.

·
Registered
94 Posts

it looks like a Forte shrunken down and made stupid looking especially with the tiny wheels

this is a pointless car where i am as the Kia Forte retails for $18k usd with 8yr warranty and you get no reduction in registration or insurance with a smaller car and the petrol saving is insignificant

so why punish yourself?

·
Registered
2 Posts

i also suppose that it very similar to ford focus. Why Kia decided to do such car?
by the way, the violet color is the best for this car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts