China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan Motor Company have announced that over the next two years they are to release a new family of global cars with sales of the first variant to start in China in 2006. The Livina Geniss, the Chinese variant, will be the first Nissan car ever to be released in China before other global markets.

This new family of global cars represents an important investment for Nissan," said Nissan Executive Vice President Carlos Tavares. "We expect the Livina Geniss and the other variants to become significant contributors to Nissan’s growth in China and other key global markets," continued Tavares.

Making its debut at the Guangzhou International Motor Show later this month, the Livina Geniss is based on the concept of a practical but luxurious vehicle, seating up to 7 people and accommodating a wide variety of customer needs. The exterior is bold and modern, complemented by a highly flexible interior that provides multiple seating arrangements and a high standard specification.

Like the other models in the new global family, Livina Geniss has been designed and engineered at the Nissan Technical Centre in Atsugi, Japan and will be built on a Renault-Nissan Alliance common platform.

The Nissan Livina Geniss will be powered by an 1.8 gasoline engine with C-VTC (Continuous Valve Timing Control) for improved power overall and torque. The model will be produced at Dongfeng Motor Co´s Huadu plant in Guangdong Province. DFL is the Nissan joint venture in China with the Dongfeng Motor Group Co.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
It's close here.......

The Livinia in China looks exactly the same on the outside........but on the inside it's not so luxurious (the level of interior trim in these pics is more like the Tiida here). If I had to compare the Livinia to anything, I woud call it a "Fit fighter". It compares very well with the Honda Fit in most areas (including a starting price that is lower by a few thousand RMB), and it is a little longer with more room than the Fit. I've seen the Livinia near Guangzhou (kind of "fit"ting, since the Fit is built in Guangzhou) but I haven't seen it in Nanning yet. Judging by the success of the Fit in Nanning (we have a LOT of them), I'm going to guess that the Livinia will also be a big success as well. The price is right, it's a nice looking car (even with the more basic interior that we have in China, it still looks good) and it has Nissan quality..........the arrival of the Livinia ALSO makes it more obvious that there is someone missing from this game.....TOYOTA. Yes, China has the Vizi/Vela under the Xiali name (i.e. Echo/4 door Yaris), but when is Toyota going to market a 70-80,000RMB car for the chinese market under it's own name?? I'm not that familiar with Toyota's minicars, but I'm sure they've got to have SOMETHING besides the Yaris they could sell in China?!?!??? Maybe they're reluctant to be in direct competition with Xiali (which is selling the rebadged Toyota Echo/4 door Yaris)??? Anyone else have any more info/comments?? Oh, and by the way the Vios doesn't count (we have it already, it usually sells in the 90,000RMB range and up)........a little too big to be a "small" car.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,135 Posts
jmsteiny said:
The Livinia in China looks exactly the same on the outside........but on the inside it's not so luxurious (the level of interior trim in these pics is more like the Tiida here).
It seems I wasn't clear enough. Car shown on my pictures IS Chinese version. Livina for other markets doesn't have chromed inserts on bumpers.

Nissan also introduced Short Wheel Base version of Livina with 5 seats. Side view looks much more appealing.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Nissan are always on the UGLY side except the Skyline .

Look at the Tiida / Sunny / X-Trail .... even the Armada
UGLYNESS ... so 90s ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Point of note:

The Livina and the Genesis are two completely different cars. The Genesis has 7 seats, and is shown above in blue. The interior is very very nice, it feels like a car much more expensive but is only 130k which is not a lot of money.

The Livina is shorter, 5 seats (perhaps 4?) the interior is not as nice but for small families it is fine.

I bought a Livina on Monday, in that orange color above. Its okay, nothing super special but has plenty of acceleration for inner city traveling, it seems nice to drive at speed as well. Nice little car, price is nice too at 120k including taxes and the other stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
*************************************** said:
Point of note:

The Livina and the Genesis are two completely different cars. The Genesis has 7 seats, and is shown above in blue. The interior is very very nice, it feels like a car much more expensive but is only 130k which is not a lot of money.

The Livina is shorter, 5 seats (perhaps 4?) the interior is not as nice but for small families it is fine.

I bought a Livina on Monday, in that orange color above. Its okay, nothing super special but has plenty of acceleration for inner city traveling, it seems nice to drive at speed as well. Nice little car, price is nice too at 120k including taxes and the other stuff.
Hey man, what's the deal???

You should have bought a 100% Chinese vehicle and write blogs about it few times a month - you are suppossedly a "Chinese car journalist", yeah??? :nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
BringIt said:
Hey man, what's the deal???

You should have bought a 100% Chinese vehicle and write blogs about it few times a month - you are suppossedly a "Chinese car journalist", yeah???
It was my wifes decision - shes Chinese, she didnt want a Chinese car. :lol:

I looked at the Hover, and the Chery V5, she didnt like either. :nono:

Rest at ease, ill buy the MGTF or the Brilliance coupe soon ;)

Martin, by the time ive taken pics, and uploaded them you could have found them on the net ;)

http://car.autohome.com.cn/photo/2943/10/95367.html

Not to keen on the gear stick - its forwards/backwards movement with tiny little P,D,R,N,1,2 lettering rather than having the little notches next to the letters that make it easy to see, and feel, which gear you're pushing it into.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top