China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
17,588 Posts
Nissan Livina C-Gear

China is Nissan's third largest after the United States and their home country Japan. Nissan has developed the Livina range almost exclusively for China (the Livina range is also marketed to smaller markets like Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan and South Africa) and will be extended to three models at he upcoming 2008 Auto China motor show in Beijing.

The new sporty hatchback, the Nissan Livina C-Gear (known as the X-Gear in other markets) will join the Livina Geniss (Grand Livina) and Livina hatchback. The C-Gear is based on the Livina hatchback and is aimed to broaden the appeal to the already popular Livina. The C-Gear has a sportier feel inside achieved through a black and silver finish while retaining its functionality with its 383 liter boot.

Power comes from a 1.6 liter petrol engine with either a four-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission. The Nissan Livina C-Gear, like the other Livina models, has been designed and engineered at Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi, Japan but the C-Gear will be built locally at DFL's Huadu plant in the Guangdong province in China.

·
Administrator
17,588 Posts
Re: Nissan Livina and Livina Geniss

Nissan Livina which is already on sale in South Africa, China and other south-east Asian countries will be also introduced to selected South and Central American markets in 2009:
http://es.autoblog.com/2008/08/22/el-nissan-livina-sera-un-modelo-clave-en-mercosur/
http://www2.uol.com.br/interpressmotor/noticias/item24497.shl

Translation in English:
Nissan Motor has announced that over the 2009 will be available in the main countries that form the Mercosur Livina, a minivan which is marketed in other countries like South Africa, China, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, etc..

The Livina will replace the previous generation Renault Scenic and will be produced in the same factory located in the vicinity of Curitiba. The mechanical variants have not yet been defined and although progress has been made that can use alcohol and gasoline interchangeably.

Something that we have no clear is the type of body that will be available, because at present the Livina is sold in three formats: Livina conventional five seats, Grand Livina, seven seats and Livina C-Gear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Nissan Livina and Livina Geniss

I saw the c-gear in Guangzhou for 100,000 rmb and am almost ready to buy. But I have this feeling that a new one should be out any minute. It looks so much better than the previous livina on offer and I am really curious as to how they update it again.

Does anyone know when to expect 2009 models to show up. It has been a year since these came out in China and I want to at least wait and see what the refresh has to offer.

I either will buy the new one or enjoy the drop in price on the c-gear featured in this thread. When I went to the Nissan showroom a couple months ago (on Guangzhou DaDao Nan) there was 10,000 rmb separating the c-gear from its previous offering and I was hoping for this c-gear to also drop to 90,000 when the new one comes out...

Thanks for any info!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts