China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Re: Dongfeng-Nissan March (Micra)

I like it.......and I especially like the interior A LOT. This has so much MORE personality than the booooooooooooooooring Tiida, and even the Livinia looks old compared to this. My question - how much will Nissan try to sell it for? The Livinia starts in the high 70,000rmb range, and this is smaller than the Livinia - hopefully Nissan prices it around 60,000rmb, with a top line model around 70-75,000rmb. This would undercut the price of the Yaris and the Fit by 15-20,000rmb - a HUGE advantage.

Nissan is starting to bring some VERY nice, fresh cars into China - it's about time. This car (and the upcoming electric Leaf) show some great creative AND practical thinking on the part of Nissan's designers - I suppose Nissan decided it's time to get serious and get back in the game!! :thumb:

·
Registered
706 Posts

I agree, jmsteiny, Nissan is stepping up their game big-time everywhere in the world. I would not hesitate to buy a Micra or an Altima, either, for that matter. Intelligent looking design here. They should sell a ton of these in China.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

The Nissan March has been a long time in coming. Plans to produce it in China date back some 4 years. I wonder where it is produced. Will it be Xiangfan or Zhengzhou?
Its got a got a look of firmness on the outside and functionality on the inside. And I would bet that the working girls that liked the QQ just may choose to step up to the March as their next car.
Don't take offense guys... I too would have no problem being seen driving one.

·
Registered
305 Posts

None taken, dragin!:laugh: Besides, this little car will look great with some ground effects bodywork, low profile tires, LED lights all around........the boys will love it too! :thumb: The QQ never looked real comfortable in a "macho" format - just too cute and feminine. IF Nissan prices this right (below the Livinia), it could REALLY be a huge success here. It gives you cool styling inside and out, more room and power than a Alto (it's potential nearest foreign competitor price-wise in the small hatchback market)........for potentially 10,000rmb more than the Alto - and WELL under the price of the Yaris and Fit. I hope you're ready Nissan - you just might be overwhelmed with demand for this little jewel.:nod:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

jmsteiny said:
None taken, dragin!:laugh: Besides, this little car will look great with some ground effects bodywork, low profile tires, LED lights all around........the boys will love it too! :thumb: The QQ never looked real comfortable in a "macho" format - just too cute and feminine. IF Nissan prices this right (below the Livinia), it could REALLY be a huge success here. It gives you cool styling inside and out, more room and power than a Alto (it's potential nearest foreign competitor price-wise in the small hatchback market)........for potentially 10,000rmb more than the Alto - and WELL under the price of the Yaris and Fit. I hope you're ready Nissan - you just might be overwhelmed with demand for this little jewel.:nod:
The boys could better opt for the Suzuki Swift, which I think is it's most direct competitor, with prices starting at 60.000 RMB. But the Swift is not a big success in China, is it?

·
Registered
706 Posts

I don't know but I have a helluva lot of respect for Suzuki after test-driving their 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS with an automatic CVT transmission about a month ago. I loved the driving dynamics of the car but my wife and I love our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS too much to ditch it for a Kizashi.

Suzuki literally rules the kei-class of automobiles in Japan.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Daewoo, the only problem with the Swift is that the styling is now somewhat "dated". This car has been around for about 4 years now, with no real major update to it - and if you have a choice between the Swift or the new March for the about the same price........what would you choose? We still have no real idea about the price of the March.......maybe Nissan ends up pricing it about the same as the Livinia, marketing it as a alternative rather than a "lower" model. If that happens, then the Swift would be a better deal due to a substantially lower price. I'm not sure if Nissan plans for the March to compete directly with the Yaris/Fit, or to come in well under those 2 cars price wise......that's still a mystery at this point.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

Rally Red Lancer GTS said:
Suzuki literally rules the kei-class of automobiles in Japan.
Daihatsu is as popular as Suzuki in Japan in the Kei car class. Besides, the Swift, Splash (in India Ritz) and the European Alto (in India A-Star and some other countries Celerio) are no Kei cars.

·
Registered
706 Posts

Nice shade of orange on this car. Seems the older Micra models had "buggier" headlights than this Micra's has. These have been pulled back more and represent a larger headlamp if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
12 Posts

The sports version looks way better than the Micra. Looks less like a bug, is it me or the back side looks a bit like a Yaris?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts