China Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DTM back in Shanghai – DTM is set to make a return to Shanghai this July. This Motor Sports event was first staged in 2004 when there were huge problems with the stability of a manhole of the street circuit causing the race to be delayed by several hours in blistering heat. The DTM - German Touring Car Race, is a competition between Mercedes and Audi and is one of the top touring car races in the world. After a break in 2005 organizers are planning a return to Shanghai this year with the race being held in the same location as the 2004 race. 3 km's of Lujiazui in Pudong will be sealed off to allow this street race which will be take place over 2 days. There is also be a carnival area planned for the race which will have funfair rides, food stalls, sponsor booths and other entertainment. The DTM is often called "F1 with a roof" and the cars hit speeds of up to 260 km/h. It is very popular in Eu rope and is looking to grow its way to Asia and the rest of the world.

I got this info from vroom motor sports marketing www.vroom.com.cn

·
Registered
135 Posts
fightingtorque said:
The DTM - German Touring Car Race, is a competition between Mercedes and Audi and is one of the top touring car races in the world.
This reminds me of the old rivalry between Auto Union and Mercedes Benz.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually I think it's open to anyone - there used to be Opels and Alfas in it as well for sure. I think it's just that only Audi and Merc are willing to spend so much money at the moment. The budget for contesting this series is not a mile off what you spend on F1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts