China Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, congratulations for this forum!
I am new here, residing in Europe and already a fan of this online platform.
It has been said before: chinese manufacturers willing to export to Europe need to face/solve the emission/pollution issue inevitably.
Beginning with 2006 the Euro 4 emission standard applies throughout EU-Europe.
Here's a question for the pros among you: as the majority of the chinese vehicle manufacturers already build cars complying with Euro 3, what in the world does it take to make this cars cleaner, Euro 4 compliant, respectively?
Is there no technology invented yet (already applied on a large scale, thus cheaper...) that could help these engines go for the Euro 4 the "easy/cheap way"?
I really cannot believe that this issue is a handicap for a vehicle manufacturer owning a certain critical mass, unless the upgrade implies a very difficult technical solution which goes along with high costs.
Would this costs be indeed so restrictive? Can anyone name a percentual cost increase?
Come on guys, it's show time! Show us europeans what chinese attributes are all about!
I would pay my respects to any manufacturer who will be able to short-cut the big lap between Euro 2 and Euro 4 in only two/three years, as long as the europeans needed a lot more than that (maybe it was only the legal part that made us be so "lazy" in this respect, but this is irrelevant now...).

Wishing you all a very nice day!

·
Registered
469 Posts
decar said:
Here's a question for the pros among you: as the majority of the chinese vehicle manufacturers already build cars complying with Euro 3, what in the world does it take to make this cars cleaner, Euro 4 compliant, respectively?
Welcome :)

My understanding is that it just needs a few extra electronic sensors to check for clean burning of the fuel and some changes to the software to sort the problem out when poor burning is detected. Plus there are some requirements for warning lamps so the driver knows when somethings not working right.

If the engine is only just clean enough for EU3 then there may be problems but a decent engine will be fine with a little modification and lots of testing.

I imagine most Chinese engines are fitted with European electronics (Possibly made in China!) anyway aren't they in which case they just buy the upgraded version?

·
Registered
225 Posts
welcome!

dont worry about china cars,if they are not prepared well,they wont be exported to europe,so i can guarantee you will get the best china cars in the near future:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts