China Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a ways off, but I was curious if anyone on here was planning on seeing the F1 race in Shanghai on October 1st, or any of the other races this year.

Any F1 fans on this forum?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not sure if I will be in China then - it's the holidays.....

If you are going to the F1, my advice from having seen several race events at the circuit is to get seats by the hairpin bend at the end of the main straight.

The main grandstand has a great view of the start and the pits, but if you are in the lower section that's all you can see. If you are higher up, you can see over the pit building but unless you are in the section toward the end of the start finish straight, your view of the complex corners at the end of the straight is also blocked by the column that supports the roof.

A lot of the circuit is twisting from left to right - for overtaking, what you gain in one corner you lose on the next unless you can complete the move, so everything happens in the hairpin at the end of the straight.

Sorry to say it, but I don't think the circuit is very good from the point of view of creating overtaking opportunities, which is a shame.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I remember the previous F1 races in Shanghai to be quite interesting. I like the track profile, it's challenging enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts