China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: FAW Bestune T33

Bestune T33 launched:

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201908/941719.html

However, contrary to expectations, it will not be replacing the Besturn X40 immediately. China-VI versions of the X40 just went on sale in July and the X40 was also very recently launched on the Russian market, imported from China.
So it seems, for now, Bestune isn't replacing Besturn brand yet, right? Guess they will cohexist for some time.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
@PGMJ: Interestingly, in Chinese the brand name is "Benteng" in either case, so for the majority of customers (the local Chinese), it shouldn't matter much.

The sedans too are "Besturn" at the present moment. I wonder why they did not change over shortly after the launch of the T77 last November.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Faw Besturn X40

Hi, my name is Abraham, glad to be in this community.

Recently this car (Besturn X40) arrived to my country Costa Rica and I'm really interested in buying it.

I would really like to know a little bit more about it, preferably from someone who owns one.

Is it a good car? what about the gearbox? What about the engine? In this side of the world people is really afraid about chinese cars but I know a lot depends on how much you take care of it.

Thanks in advance for an answer. =D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Greetings Pasco 98, welcome to China Car Forums, a great website. No, I don't own one of these nice looking X40s. But I did see that there is a YouTube video available online, with a review of this car.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeVMxrsrNFc[/ame]

The X40 is made by one of China's five largest, state owned, automakers, First Auto Works (FAW).
FAW is also tied to Volkswagen and Toyota, in car-making joint ventures.
Otherwise I only know that Besturn models are made by FAW's independent car company, and some have won JD Power awards in recent years.
This website has not had a lot of traffic lately, so I don't know if you will find an X40 owner come by here for awhile. Anyway good luck, and again WELCOME!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts