China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I believe today (4-27) is the day that Xiali debuts the new C1 compact car........does anyone out there in "posterland" have any more info on the car? I have seen pictures and and a few specs (like engine sizes), but that's about it. The pics I have seen so far show it so be a good looking car........opinions, more pics, specs, prices - tell me more, fellow posters!!!!!!!!

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/2580/u_2580410016381.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/2580/u_2580279254228.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/2580/u_2580496623665.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/2580/u_2580522858534.jpg

many more pics:
http://car.autohome.com.cn/pic/series/444.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far as the competition is high

I believe the C1 will release with a tag below 70,000RMB in China, which means FOB price some 7000-7500 USD.
D1 might be a little expensive, but surely that won't make chinese metro drivers sad for their empty wallets. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
tag price not equal to FOB

please don't forget the VAT and taxes.

in China, tag price always includes them, which is collected by the gov., from manufacturers & distributors & retailers.

The customers in China will pay according to the tag price with discount if any, not like American shops, there isn't any taxes shown on bill, it is included.

normally, they will be a built-in 13-18% of tag price.

so a 70,000RMB car's FOB price is somewhat as same as its ex-work price plus in land transport fees, means around 59,000-61,000RMB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Xiali C1 and D1 technical characteristics

I've learned few weeks ago that those 2 cars are going to be exported to Europe in 2008. Could anyone tell me more about the technical characteristics of these cars.
The type of engine, the options, the features, the oil consumption, the security standards,...
I would also be very interested to know the price of these two cars if possible.
Thanks a lot...:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
FAW Xiali C1 (Weizhi)

"Developed over a two and a half year period by a multi-national team of design engineers, the C1 represents an investment of over US $37.5 million. Taking advantage of Xiali's 20 years of compact passenger car experience, the C1 delivers comfort, space, safety, and performance using the latest automotive innovations and technology. The car's modern styling is both attractive and enduring. The C1 is the first automobile in the country to be subjected to full frontal, side, rear, and offset frontal impact tests under the new Chinese New Car Assessment Program (C-NCAP).

The C1 joins Xiali's Vizi hatchback and Vela sedan in being available with Toyota's 1.3 liter 8A engine, and FAW's advanced new 1.4 liter CA4GB1 and 1.6 liter CA4GB2 series engines, all featuring 16-valve design and variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i). FAW Tianjin Xiali expects the C1 to appeal to the youth segment and young families."

http://auto-report.net/WordPress/?p=223

Nice looking small car :nod:

Production in Ukraine starting in near future :thumb:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
nice clean lines

I like the clean uncluttered look of the rear hatch.
How about that instrument cluster? Does it divert the driver's attention slightly to the right? Or can it easily be viewed without turning the head?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Xiali C1..........

Well, as promised here is a short review of the new Xiali C1. I personally drove this about 3 weeks ago here in Nanning and I was able to take it out on the streets for about 15 minutes or so. I did NOT get it on the highway, so I can't tell you how it drives at highway speeds (100kph and above).

First, the initial appearance of the car. Upon seeing it for the first time, I was surprised at it's size - it's BIGGER than it appears in pictures. Walking around the car, I noticed that the body panels fit well together and there was a OBVIOUS difference in quality between the C1 and the N series. If I had to compare it to any other car as far as size/shape, I would compare it to the Fiat Palio. Once I opened the driver's door and sat inside, I was again surprised at it's size........VERY roomy on the inside. The front seats are quite comfortable and firm - no cheap rubbery foam in the C1. Sitting in the back seats...........well, just amazing. The leg room and overall comfort level is far and above the BEST Xiali has ever offered (and just about the best of any car in it's price range).

Starting the engine, my first impression is how QUIET it is (no suprise considering the fact that the engine is the Toyota 8E). Once I started to drive the car, I noticed that the engine is VERY responsive and powerful - and the shifter has nice short throws and feels very positive (a HUGE difference from the N series). Brakes are nice and solid, and the power steering feels very natural. Shifting through the gears (I got up to 4th gear on the street) was no problem, and the responsiveness of the engine remained consistent. I had a feeling of confidence while driving this car.........it felt SOLID and well built.

My overall impression - Xiali has a BIG winner in the C1. The price is a little high right now (58,000rmb for the 1.3 model) and it will most certainly come down in the next few months (especially considering the fact that you can buy a VW Gol now for the same price......and the Gol has a 1.6 engine). This car will sell VERY well once the price is 48,000 - 50,000 rmb (putting it in direct competition with the SMA 205, the Chery QQ6 and probably the upcoming Chery A1). This is without a doubt the BEST car Xiali has ever had (as far as a original design........I don't compare it toe the Vizi/Vela models because that is a co-op with Toyota), and it is hopefully the beginning of a new era for Xiali. It's not perfect though.......the rear seat is a bench (not a 60/40 split) and the front dashboard is a bit "plain" (even though it IS centrally located instead of being directly in front of the driver). All in all though, a VERY impressive car and a good example of the improving quality of today's current chinese cars. I'm still waiting to test drive a few other new models (like the Chery QQ6 and A1) - it will be exciting to compare all of these new cars in the near future! :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
jmsteiny said:
.......it is hopefully the beginning of a new era for Xiali.......
Sounds like a nice practical little car JM. I do hope it goes over well for Xiali. They have to restore their image especially in the eyes of the Zhengzhou taxi drivers who complained about body beams breaking after just 6 months of use. Can't imagine how that happened. I thought the old Daihatsu partner of Tianjin Auto would have warded off such complaints.

But that's all history now. Here's a photo to show how nice this C1 model looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I'm guessing that Weizhi 威志 (Majestic Goal??) is another name for the C1 built by the FAW Toyota joint venture up in Tianjin. Yes, it is a nice looking little car and judging by the critique of jmsteiny, here on the forum, its not all show but good underneath as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it is...........

Yes, this IS the C1 from Xiali............congratulate your friend on a wise purchase, chinacartimes!! It's STILL a little high priced at almost 60,000rmb, but Xiali isn't stupid - if they lose too much sales being in competition with the QQ6, CV6 (Changan) and others Xiali will bring the price down. Regardless, a "nice little car"!!:thumb:

·
Registered
325 Posts
After driving it yesterday, I'd say the C1 is slightly better than the QQ6.

But then again, they are similar in many areas.

On looks alone, Id take the C1. On price I'd take the QQ6.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts