China Car Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! A new user asking for info :)

First of all, sorry to dig up an old thread but are there any owners of a 1st gen Reiz? I've just bought myself a 2004 Toyota Mark X from Japan and I'd need to get LHD headlights for it. I think that Reiz is a LHD car so could someone help me out and give me the Toyota part number for the headlights?

Or alternatively can someone point me a place where to buy LHD headlights for my Toyota? :D

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wonder if Toyota isn't with financial problems. Those days twenty years ago when Toyota had plenty of nameplates (both JDM and elsewhere) are gone. Toyota model range had suffered a strong cut during last years and even many models lately (like Auris, Avensis, Premio, Allion, Yaris-Europe/Vitz or Mark X/Reiz for example) received a second facelift instead being replaced by new generations. Other models, like Aurion/South East Asia Camry were deleted from line-up this year.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Yes, I think you're right. Look at the summary data; it is self-explanatory:

http://www.toyota-global.com/investors/financial_data/high-light.html
(Detailed data can be found at that site)

'16-17 was a bad fiscal, with significant dips in OI, NI and ROE. Moreover, 75% of production is in high-cost locations (OECD countries) whereas 66% of sales are in these regions, meaning about 10% of all the cars it sells are in low-cost countries (emerging markets) but produced in high-cost locations. Ideally, for profitability, the ratios should be similar or slightly biased on the other side. These days even BMW is exporting from Brazil and Audi from Mexico (to give examples).

Although Toyota's R&D and capital expense remains high, I suppose this is geared more towards sunrise technologies like green cars, interconnectivity or autonomous mobility, and the reinvigoration of its large lineup has taken a back seat.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts