China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
It also says
Nearly 100 of them have been sold in just a week after the launch, said distributor Vertex Automobile.

Compare this with a competitor. Perodua sold 40 cars in May, including the Kelisa, the QQ's direct competitor, according to figures from the Land Transport Authority.
I don't understand why, but there appear to be doing alright for the moment.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not sure if it's the first QQ in a developed market. Chery QQ have been sold in Saudi arabia, UAE, Qatar, and many oil rich middle eastern countries.

I would rather buy a QQ than a Kia picanto, and what the hell is a perodua- is that a malaysian car.\
And Singapore is a good market for Chinese cars. Many nationalistic Chinese live in Singapore.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would rather buy a QQ than a Kia picanto
How Picanto stacks up against Daihatsu and Nissan in Germany

How Picanto stacks up against Citroën and Fiat in Germany

Heck, Picanto even beat Lupo in some German comparison test, although I can't find the URL. So you would gladly choose the QQ over one of the best A-segment vehicle selling for same price; you are truely one patriotic Chinese.

and what the hell is a perodua- is that a malaysian car.
A Daihatsu owned company assembling Daihatsues in Malaysia to be exact.

And Singapore is a good market for Chinese cars. Many nationalistic Chinese live in Singapore.
Well, those are the first to be burned by the taste of China...

·
Registered
481 Posts
wrong and totalyl not

well if u take one market like singapore to judge .. then u r totaly an idiot

for example

here in egypt the
Chery QQ starts at $7500 ( American Dollars ) and most expensive one ( with abs / ezdrive ( steptronic gear box and USB slot ) costs $9100 with 3 Years Waranty or 60,000 KM .

The Kia Picanto 1.1 BASIC MODEL ( no cassette / no power steering / no electric windows / manual mirrors ) starts at $10,000

the Kia Picanto 1.1 L Automatic with power steering and electric windows and cassette ( no abs or any other option ) is at $11,900

Perodua Kelisa 1.0 Manual ( no options at all except the cassette ) starts at $9000 ( as much as the most equipped QQ ) comes with 1 year warnaty !!

Preodua Kelisa 1.0 Automatic ( power steering / cassette only ) $10,000 , still more expensive and its not even step tronic and with one year waranty

Chery QQ is the cheapest car with bigger options in the market here , I mean NO OTHER manufacture has a STEPTRONIC GEARBOX in that price range at all !! the closest ( by far ) is the Suzuki New Swift ( 1.5L - costs $17,000 )

however What I hate the most is the GEELY HQ / MR and all that crappy charade clones , these cars are not worth $7000
they are not worth to be cars , they are more of a golf cars to me :D

but cherys QQ is really doing well , I've never seen any one saying any bad comments or complains about , and these views are from ppl who already own other known brands such as toyotas / mitsus / chevys and more .

Chery Just launched a new REVISED Model of the Windcloud ( Fengyun ) Called the Chery A11LONG , which is a 30CM taller version of the normal Windcloud with wood stylings / 1.6L 16V engine / abs / 2 airbags / power mirrors / windows / radio cassette / bla bla bla , and it costs $11.900 ( same price as a SUPERMINI PICANTO )

so saying that the Picanto is better than a Chery QQ might be true , but its definetly NOT CHEAPER by any meanss !!

·
Registered
561 Posts
nice pics hazik.

oh yea btw ppl, we should just ignore the QQ for now and look into the future s12. all the stuff about the past 5 or 6 years when the QQ was brought in and all the copying chevy spark dosnt matter. what matters is the s12, m14, the new crossover etc.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'd just like to say that all of Africa except South Africa, the entire middle east, all of south america, russia, all the scandinavian countries, turkey, spain, portugal, canada, singapore, vietnam and any other countries I've never been to are all crap, the people are stupid and your cars suck, also your car markets are not important and neither are your opinions. As I said, I've never been to your countries, but I am sure if I do a google search for 'your country name' and 'crap, rubbish, idiot', I will get some hits, so it must be true and I will post it on the internet as fact.

To those of you from the other countries, I've been to most of them and driven your cars, so I have to rely on personal experience to make my comments. However, I'm sure the internet is more accurate so you can all get stuffed too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
fightingtorque said:
I'd just like to say that all of Africa except South Africa, the entire middle east, all of south america, russia, all the scandinavian countries, turkey, spain, portugal, canada, singapore, vietnam and any other countries I've never been to are all crap, the people are stupid and your cars suck, also your car markets are not important and neither are your opinions. As I said, I've never been to your countries, but I am sure if I do a google search for 'your country name' and 'crap, rubbish, idiot', I will get some hits, so it must be true and I will post it on the internet as fact.

To those of you from the other countries, I've been to most of them and driven your cars, so I have to rely on personal experience to make my comments. However, I'm sure the internet is more accurate so you can all get stuffed too!
hahaha, that was hillarious. Nice summary of some people's mentality :lol:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Chinese can keep Africa. It's not like any of auto majors care.
That kind of thinking can be dangerous. Africa is becoming more important every year. Chinese government is constantly signing major energy and trade deals with African countries. In the future there will be a need for cheap Chinese commercial vehicles and passenger cars. You may know that the fastest growing economy in the world is located in Africa.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was talking to a friend in the paint business yesterday, he is particularly into the paint used on the plant in various stages of the oil exploration/ extraction/ refining / distriubution industry.

He noted that the Chinese are huge throughout many of these African and Middle Eastern states where the US has trade restrictions. Basically the west is avoiding these countries and the chinese are cleaning up there. In years to come this will likely be a major benefit to the chinese economy.

·
Registered
627 Posts
fightingtorque said:
I was talking to a friend in the paint business yesterday, he is particularly into the paint used on the plant in various stages of the oil exploration/ extraction/ refining / distriubution industry.

He noted that the Chinese are huge throughout many of these African and Middle Eastern states where the US has trade restrictions. Basically the west is avoiding these countries and the chinese are cleaning up there. In years to come this will likely be a major benefit to the chinese economy.
name some of the countries

- Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Nigeria, Iran, Libya

·
Registered
627 Posts
Really_I_Hate_China said:
they're all crap and the chinese are welcome to them. If only we had a decent enough air force in korea we'd bomb them ourselves.
Why do you want to bomb them? because they buy Chinese cars

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chinese can keep the markets that nobody else wants.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts