China Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
umm where is MALCOLM BRINKLIN??? WHAT does he have to say about this...im sure the media will chase him for some answers...theres obviously a reason...and its ironic since Chery automobiles have the most marketing thru VVCARS and the MEDIA in the US compared to other chinese cars...

and wow GWM IS gonna be there? i didnt know they had plans this quick..and

all i have to say about ZHONGXING is they are very brave to try to show their stuff so early without so many resources and backing, realisticly Zxauto wont be in the US for a while....and i mean while

and what cars does HUNAN CHANGFENG make??

admin, i think your going to make a hunan changfeng forum soon ;)

·
Registered
561 Posts
maby because bricklin and vvcars dont want people to compare chery with all the other chinese car companies. you see chery has a different marketing plan than geely, great wall etc.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maby because bricklin and vvcars dont want people to compare chery with all the other chinese car companies. you see chery has a different marketing plan than geely, great wall etc.
Or Malcolm Bricklin is just a con man upto no good....

·
Registered
547 Posts
pokershark said:
and what cars does HUNAN CHANGFENG make??

admin, i think your going to make a hunan changfeng forum soon ;)
Hunan Changfeng produces different versions of Mitsubishi Pajero under "Liebao" brand name. Mitsubishi has a small share of the company and lately it has been rumoured that they will buy more shares. This company is not so interesting, all of their models are basic Pajero's (Sport, Pinin etc.). Liebao has been selling cars in Russia and Middle-Asia for some time now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
At this stage Chery only has three new models worth showing at the Detroit Auto show: The Convertible, the Crossover, the S12, and maybe even the Easter. If Malcolm Bricklin really wants to make it big or just get more dealers and funding, then Chery will have to produce the rest of the vehicles required for entrance into the North American market and show up at the auto show. What puzzles be is why the other three manufactures are even bothering showing off at the Detroit Auto Show when they have even less to show.

These cars might be worth showing:

The first car is a concept car produced by JAC the next two are the Brilliance Jinjie and Zhonghua, and the last is the Chery M14. The JAC needs a new logo and probably V6 and V8 engines, the Brillances are in need of there own engines coming is four, six, and eight cylinder arrangements, naturally aspirated and turbocharged running on Petrol and Diesel. In addition to the 1.6 and the 2.0t the M14 is probably in need of a naturally aspirated 2.0 running on both petrol and diesel and probably a 3.0 liter V6 in order to become competitive with what I see as its obvious competitor, the Volkswagen EOS. In addition to these power train upgrades all of these vehicles must be competitive in terms of Safety, Reliability, and Build quality, needing 5 star crash safety results and ULEV classification, while maintaining a reliability rating higher than both the American and European offerings. After achieving these goals magazines such as Car and driver must first perform a long term test and a series of comparison tests with the competition.

Real_I_Hate_China said:
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/9469449/detail.html

Geely, Hunan Changfeng, Great Wall, and Hebei Zhongxing.

Chery is a no show as usual.
None of these companies should even be considering going to the Detroit Auto show.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Changfengs products

pokershark said:
and what cars does HUNAN CHANGFENG make?? ;)
Changfeng purchased Yangzi of Anhui in June 2005 and as far as I know some of what that subsidiary produces are the Qilin (Kylin) SUV a 2.37L Euro II w/5 speed MT transmission, the YZK 6472 Traveller, the Fudi–based Fulin SUV, Jade Phoenix SUV, and some pickups. And of course the C-1 Cheetah concept seen on chinacarforums awhile back

I think Yangzi produced under 20,000 units last year.

Early this year Pininfarina signed a contract to produce a new SUV for Changfeng.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Or Malcolm Bricklin is just a con man upto no good....
i dont want to argue with you again hater, it would just stimulate you back to bs mode. i just want to say that with bricklin's years of experience he is definitly smarter than you, and that HE IS NOT STUPID.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts