China Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sichuan Fulin Enterprise Group, the owner of Yema Auto, and Guangxi Automobile Group, the owner of commercial vehicle maker Wuling Motors and a minor shareholder in SAIC-GM-Wuling, signed a cooperation agreement today. The two groups will "use their existing resources to increase R&D, manufacturing, sales and service capabilities of traditional energy vehicles, new energy vehicles, and parts and components through joint ventures."

Yema is determined to bring out more than a dozen SUV/MPV models over the next few years and Guangxi Auto perhaps wants a piece of the action.

http://news.bitauto.com/zonghexinwen/20180509/1307396905.html

·
Registered
384 Posts
Re: Sichuan Yema Auto

DMitra, is this "Guangxi Automobile Group" the same as what we know as, Liuzhou Wuling Automotive Industry Co., Ltd., a 5.9 percent shareholder of SGMW?
I was confused by:
"....the owner of commercial vehicle maker Wuling Motors...."
My understanding was that the "Group" is a large Liuzhou-based parts maker, supplying SGMW, Dongfeng Liuzhou and others.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Majority owners SAIC and GM have so long overshadowed the original, and eminent Liuzhou Wuling, with their high profile Baojun and Hongguang products, that I needed to become re-oriented to just what goes on down in Liuzhou of Guangxi province. Thank you for reminding me of this industry lodestar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.