China Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here I found some intresting things about new models, engines etc, I don't have time to put all information, mostly we discuss about it, new hover a5, new wingle, peri suv and so on...but this is something new:

frist will be florid crossover, now is modern that everybody offer such vehicles

here is also some basic informations about phenom model, gwm present it already on some autoshows

hover family will get a new member, to me look like somekind of mpv vehicle

wingle will also new single cab model, the old model will be in production with 2.2 engine, new models a5 with new grill and headlights will have new 2.0 and 2.4 gasoline engines, there will be also all diesel engines 2.5 and 2.8

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

here is some plans for new engines and new gearboxes, I also see on the Shanghai auto show they GWM present new engines with low displacement and lot of power

as we look at this now this look pretty ambisius from GWM, I also read report that they have plans to offer almost 24 new models,because they want that dealerships all over world have good offer and to have big offer of vehicles which can comply to any market

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nicely done Great Wall and to you, micodelija. Is is just me, or does the front of the M2 look like the front of the Subaru Legacy?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to me it's a florid model with new front mask, look side part of car and rear on these small photos, the same like florid, as gwm do a new hover m3 on coolbear base, this new hover m2 will be done on florid base

by my opinion maybe this is a cheapest way to offer new model, because they already have all what they need from florid, only to put new mask on the vehicle and VOILA...here is new model :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
The GWM pick-ups will be followed in the first quarter of 2009 by a light-sized five-door hatch known in China as the Peri, which will come with a 65kW/115Nm 1.3-litre 16-valve four-cylinder petrol engine mated to both five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
frdsmth9 said:
The GWM pick-ups will be followed in the first quarter of 2009 by a light-sized five-door hatch known in China as the Peri, which will come with a 65kW/115Nm 1.3-litre 16-valve four-cylinder petrol engine mated to both five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions.
i don't understand what you wanna say, little peri is in sale in china from 2008 year, and during this year they present a model which will be called hover m1, it's a peri with 4x4, on some other presenation before gwm call it gw peri suv

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for now offical results was relased for gw hover and gw peri at C-ncap test, florid and coolbear will be next at c-ncap test, this what is written here is a prediction of gwm

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is among “the Top 500 Enterprises of China in 2004" and one of the best brands in national automobile industry. GWM took its first step to become a truly global company by exporting CUVs to the competitive European market in September 2006. GWM already sells cars in about 60 (mostly developing) countries and exports account for about a third of the company's sales.

·
Registered
102 Posts
These numbers are old.
They export to more countries worldwide, and the exports account is groing fast they expect to reach 50% soon.

I posted for download GWM latest newsletter for dealers and a special news bulletin about shanghai Auto show.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi TDI:
I'm afraid that with the current global market conditions, it will be awhile before that kind of export growth can be realized.
Do you have any up-to-date export figures for this year?

By the way, the single cab long wheelbase 4X2 Wingle seen above, seems like a rare bird among light truck makers in China. I'm guessing that the price must be quite competitive, while grabbing the attention of the farmers who are getting generous incentives from Beijing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In presente day GWM as distributors in over 90 countries ( acording to they newsleter from May 2009 )
They're target for 2009 is to sell 200.000 units, 130.000 in domestic market, and 70.000 exportation ( sorry rinky you were right )
in the 1st quarter they sold 40.000 units, they best quarter so far, but not enough to achieve 200.000 units.

As for the single cab wingle, i just received the presentation pdf from the factory this week.
It will be avaible with the 2.8 tc, 2.8t.c.i. and also one petrol version. It will be avaible as a 4x4 and 4x2 version. It also carries 1.0 ton cargo load.
They don't have a price yet, but i think it will be avaible mostly to exportation. I think that farmers in remote ares will choose cheaper models

1 - 15 of 15 Posts