·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
On August 29th, GAC New Energy Aion LX officially launched pre-sales. The pre-sale price of the two-wheel drive model start at 250,000 yuan (US$34,951), and four-wheel drive model starts at 300,000 yuan (~US$41,941). Aion LX is the second EV of GAC New Energy’s AION lineup, it is positioned in five mid-size SUV and features AION family design language. According to the information released by official, Aion LX will be delivered in October 2019.

https://www.chinapev.com/gac-motor/...-aion-lx-the-2nd-pure-ev-nedc-range-403miles/

·
Registered
385 Posts
There is so much to be learned from Toyota/Lexus, but I'm afraid grilles is not one of them.
How sad looking.... :-(

·
Registered
83 Posts
How serious are Chinese manufacturers about fuel cell passenger cars? Is this just a new revenue stream from government subsidies or are they somewhat serious? I guess they did the calculations and understand that fuel cell passenger will not be economically competitive with battery electric without continued government support (on for example hydrogen production).

Anyway, does anyone if this GAC uses the fuel cells and driveline from the Toyota Mirai, or if it's an independent development.

·
Registered
385 Posts
As you may know early in the global development of BEVs, Toyota was very resistant to climbing on that bandwagon. Its view then, was that Fuel Cells were the most viable alternative going forward, and yet it saw HEVs as an acceptable transition technology. However it got little global support with that thinking.
Then later in China, in order for it to succeed in the pure EV auto market, being mandated by the government, it had to climb aboard, or risk being irrelevant.
Anyway, to answer your question, I would say there is a high probability that GAC has gleaned its partner's (Toyota's) FCEV technology.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-toyota-electric-china-gac-group-idUSKBN1WB1X2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts