China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello,

I think, that my favourite model of this several new Geelys is the Gleagle GS.
Is this car only a concept or are there plans to produce this hot little coupe?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is it realistic, that the "pre-production" vehicles will be on the market by the end of this year?

Are the production versions of the "early development" models still 2-3 years away?

·
Registered
58 Posts
39 cars, is this correct?

That is huge. In Geneva, I don't think there was a single manufacturer with as many cars on its booth.

Mercedes and BMW might have that number at the Francfort show last year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What´s your opinion about the second version of the GE?
I think it looks bloated and heavy.
A little bit like the last generation BMW 7er.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The first GE was obviously inspired by the Rolls-Royce, the new one is much more original. I agree with you point that it looks bloated and heavy: it's far from elegant. I suppose you think of the previous BMW 7 series because of the Bangle butt. The GE reminds me a bit of the current Hyundai Equus and the front is a bit Buick-ish. And the "throne" is extremely kitsch. My advise to Geely is to invest in Volvo and forget about these limousines for their own brand.
The EX7, EX8, EV8, EV7, GE, GT, EP9, EX9, GC5/SC5-RV/SX5, GV5, SC7 and SV5 are all production versions, variants or updated concepts from last year.
The GC6-RV is a "Cross" version of the Golden Eagle with a new front and rear, the SC6 an updated King Kong, the GC3 an updated Freedom Cruiser and I think the GC7 is a heavily reworked Geely Vision.
Hopefully Geely doesn't bring them all, because many of them are overlapping each other, for example the GV5 and SV5 and the EX7 and EX8.
It's a shame the GS has such a butt-ugly front end, because the rest of it is quite impressive and it's much better proportioned than the GT in my opinion. The TXN is quite original and a bit retro-ish, but why have the put those Chrysler or Bentley wings around the logo? And I do not understand the model strategy with the Geely Gleagle, Shanghai Englon and Emgrand subbrands. For example, why do the GC5 and SC5-RV have a different brand label?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, now we know that Geely hasn't just been focusing on the Volvo purchase - 39 NEW CARS???? :eek: :thumb: Daewoo, you are right - I don't think Geely is planning on bringing ALL of these cars to production, and there ARE some confusing overlaps in brand models........but overall WHAT a lineup of new modern cars. Some of the highlights for me..........the SC5-RV is still great, and the SX5 cross version is REALLY great. The TXN is a compact version of the TX4, better IMO. But.........the winner of all these cars? Hands down, it's the IG. MUCH better than the first version they showed last year, the seats look much more comfortable (and now it's 2 seats up front instead of one) and the overall interior is funky but very cool - and I LOVE the gull wing doors on BOTH SIDES now! Let's hope this makes it AS IS all the way to production, this one goes on the exclusive "I WANT IT" list. I would say that NONE of these cars suck - I still could do without the GE, but it's not nearly as bad as before. All of these cars will attract some attention at the Beijing show, but I wouldn't be surprised if the IG is hit of the show for Geely. Damn, I wish I could go to the Beijing show - let's hope they'll have all these cars (at least the IG) at the Shenzhen show in June, I'm going to that show for sure!! :nod:

·
Registered
62 Posts
My proposal to solve this chaos of brands and models from Geely!

1. Emgrand: EC7; EC8; EV7; EV8; EX8

2. Gleagle: GC2; GX2; GC/SC/SX5; GC7; GV5; SV5; EX7; GX/GP5

3. Englon: GC3; SC6; SC7; TX/TXN;

4. Excellence: 4th brand and its portfolio does only include GE and GT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I'm writing posts on Geely, my first one is about Gleagle @ Beijing Auto Show, I think this summary is the better than any article of the web :

autosblog.fr/post/3805/geely-episode-1-la-gamme-gleagle

Later, two others will be online about Emgrand and Englon.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
With a more refined grille the GS could be everything the Dragon coupe was not.
How about it KiwiGuy, could you whip up a sketch of what it might look like if it had a nice grille? You're good at that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey people here!"long time no see''!!could'n believe you guys are still here!!! dragin,jmsteiny what a surprise... my forum tool box tells that my last connection was two years ago... what a bad forumer and how time flies... I still remember the days we were talking about Chery's first launch in the US market by Malcolm and people were betting it would be before 2009...hehe...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome back firefox! Hope you're not a stranger anymore, lots of new things happening in the chinese auto industry nowadays........so speak up!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
firefox said:
Hey people here!"long time no see''!!..
Welcome back Firefox! Hope you will stay around to enjoy the Auto Show coverage.
Yes, those were the days...back when Malcom had big dreams of doing another Yugo-type foray into the U.S. market with Chery. If he had only kept his big trap shut and done it more quietly it might have worked. But he had to drag Soros and other partisans into the picture.
At that time who would have believed that little Geely would be the first :notsure:to have a network of dealers, ready-made, in the U.S.. :clap:

·
Registered
706 Posts
That pickup remindeth me of one that Kia Motors of SK was/is? working on called the Mojave. The extra functionality of the rear doors for passengers yet still the bed in back. Like ta see Kia follow through with theirs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts