China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Boyue Pro heads to overseas markets, starting with the Middle East (Kuwait) and Philippines, as Geely Azkarra.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Re: Geely Boyue SUV and Proton X70

Looks like the higher-ups at Geely Commercial Vehicles took some young intern's Photoshop creativity during idle time (you know, with the COVID lockdowns and everything) a little too seriously!

But no worries, yet. Yuancheng submits a lot of products to NDRC for approval which ultimately do not see light of day. I'm still waiting for the two electric pickups that were approved some 13 and 18 months ago to go into production.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Farizon (Yuancheng) FX

Looks like the higher-ups at Geely Commercial Vehicles took some young intern's Photoshop creativity during idle time (you know, with the COVID lockdowns and everything) a little too seriously!

But no worries, yet. Yuancheng submits a lot of products to NDRC for approval which ultimately do not see light of day.
Looks like I tempted fate and now the horror is upon us! Geely goes ahead with production of that abomination. Line-off took place yesterday at Shandong Geely New Energy Commercial Vehicle Co.'s plant in Zichuan dt., Zibo.

https://auto.sina.com.cn/newcar/zz/2020-08-28/detail-iivhvpwy3534436.shtml?oaid=00114
https://3g.163.com/dy/article/FL6KEIP90527AEB4.html

But on the bright side, Lawrence's craving for a unibody pickup will finally be satisfied!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: Farizon (Yuancheng) FX

Looks like I tempted fate and now the horror is upon us! Geely goes ahead with production of that abomination. Line-off took place yesterday at Shandong Geely New Energy Commercial Vehicle Co.'s plant in Zichuan dt., Zibo.
But on the bright side, Lawrence's craving for a unibody pickup will finally be satisfied!
Oh no........, this really wasn't what I had in mind, DMitra.
But I couldn't agree more with the word you chose here to describe "the horror". That "panel cut line" stands out like a sore thumb.
If I had a single fender on my car that needed paint blending with the rest of the body, I surely wouldn't send it to the Geely body shop.:nono:

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
I wasn't referring to the paint mismatch as such (after all, on the white truck above it looks OK). To me the juxtaposition of the rearmost panels looks like a poor hack job and nothing more, with minimal, if at all any, regard to aesthetics. Clearly visible in this unedited but cropped photo:

Look at those proportions! What a horrendous, bloated... thing.

Has there ever been a worse designed light vehicle within the past century (leaving aside wartime products that had to be developed and put into production in a hurry)?

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: Geely Boyue SUV and Proton X70

Look at those proportions! What a horrendous, bloated... thing....

Has there ever been a worse designed light vehicle within the past century (leaving aside wartime products that had to be developed and put into production in a hurry)?
Yes, blend here is more than paint.
But Geely has shown the ability to do better....in past concepts. e.g. Emgrand ET925 and Geely EP9
At show time however, Geely doesn't seem to care about much more than attention grabbing.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 69 Posts