China Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After all Geely's Conceptcars it was easy to forget that Geely actually produces some interesting real cars, this is the car which was once China's first 'own' sportscar, the Geely China Dragon.

The China Dragon started it's life with the somewhat unlucky name 'Beauty Leopard'. Because of this name, which sounds very soft in Chinese as well, no man bought it, not even with a bunch of spoilers that Geely trew on the market to change things.

So last year Geely came with the new Beauty Leopard and with a new name, the China Dragon, that's Zhongguo Long in Chinese. They changed the front and rear of the car, left the middle section more or less the same and tweaked up the 1.5 liter engine a bit.

The changes are meant to make it look more masculine, we'll have to see whether Chinese men will buy it now...

source: thetycho.com

·
Administrator
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The China Dragon to launch this month.

The China Dragon is not quite the Geely Tiger concept from last year, but it’s certainly interesting anyway (perhaps for all the wrong reasons), set to launch later this month with a 1.5l and a 1.8L engine. We honestly dont know what else to write. Here are the pictures:

from China Car Times

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Geely China Dragon

As my username suggests is that I love this car and it looks fantastic. The only thing I don't like is that the exhausts are too small and need to be bigger.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Not to forget the Dragon's origins in the now defunct old Xiali taxicab platform.
Launch it.....? Seriously it's time to retire this one once and for all.
Unsafe at any speed.

·
Registered
196 Posts

China Dragon said:
As my username suggests is that I love this car and it looks fantastic. The only thing I don't like is that the exhausts are too small and need to be bigger.
i have to agree, the tail pipes look wrong. i understand if the engine needs to be tuned with a small exhaust, but the tips need to be enlarged.

·
Registered
68 Posts

It just looks third world. China has moved past this kind of cliched, unprofessional styling. (Well, in most cases it has...are you listening Dong Feng?)

·
Registered
21 Posts

Not good, those nostrils look hideous, even worse than the ones on the Beauty Leopard :nono: Interior is alright...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts