China Car Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Thank you for illustrating my point.

No price difference between Chinese and non-Chinese cars.
Chinese cars are still working on their lines of production and arent efficient yet, once they are efficient, they will be 25% cheaper than the competition, They are just launching in test markets right now, once those markets are successful and they can launch big markets they will lower prices lots

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
to I_hate_china

actualy they are cheaper but not in my country
because there's 40% TAX on imports with engines less or equal to 1.6
for example if the yaris costs $100
it will cost $140 here

and 135% tax on cars larger than 1.6
so if the corrolla 1.8 costs $100
it will cost $235 here

then comes the STUPID car dealers .. who just want to make EVERY PENNY OUT OF EVERY CAR ,you cant even TEST DRIVE cars here ,,, unless u book them with a down payment ( so he can guarntee ur gonna buy it )

·
Registered
772 Posts
Chinese cars are still working on their lines of production and arent efficient yet, once they are efficient, they will be 25% cheaper than the competition, They are just launching in test markets right now, once those markets are successful and they can launch big markets they will lower prices lots
It doesn't work like that.

As an automaker matures and becomes more efficient, the percentage of labor cost drops to 5% or less of an overall manufacturing cost.

Visit any Hyundai factory, and the factory employs 2,500 workers to produce 300,000 cars, or roughly 120 cars per worker per year.

Suppose the mean salary is $70,000 for wages and benefits, labor cost works out to be $583.33 per car. Move to China, and all you are saving is $500 in labor cost, which is nothing compared to import cost and logistics.

This is the reason why Toyota and Honda do not import their cars assembled in China into the US and stick to Japan and US assembly, simply because cost saving is just not there. It actually costs more to assemble an Accord in China than in the US because of higher logistics, even before shipping the finished car back to the US.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My stance is that the developed market is already closed for Chinese cars, Chinese automakers will have to contend with their home market and a few developing markets like middle east, southeast asia, south america, and africa.

That is not such a bad prospect, since the Chinese auto market is expected to match the volume of US market in the next 15 years. Pasture is greener at home than in the cutthroad US market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
geely is a good car.i drive that car, its better to buy rather than wasting money on any expensive car..there r many cars who fails many thing, but they r running, especially toyota every now and then, u see call back announcement from the company. .

21 - 25 of 25 Posts