China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
what's the point about Geely

These cars look like boxes on wheels! What's the big deal with Geely? Can someone explain? Apart from being cheap, I mean...

Yes, they sell many "cars" to Africa and S. America, but that's obviously markets hungry for cheap automotive products, hardly a "car" by western standards.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Geely CK-1 got pretty Pooooor result in C-NCAP

40% offset test at only 56km/h!!!
I expect that Geely auto couldn't enter the US and euro market before 2010 because of the lowest safty and quality standard all over the world. Geely auto is the tenth-rate vehicle, I think.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Geely just sucks ..
I am eager to see some chery crash results

Geely should stick to scooters or let someone else buy thier factories ... and turn them into a respectufll company ..

Seriously , they are shame to chinese auto .

·
Registered
481 Posts
RiseOfTheRev01ution said:
I can see the results are bad, but what score would C-NCAP give the car get? A one? Or lower?
A one yellow star on a red background

:D no offence just kidding , hehe

·
Registered
481 Posts
spyshots!

Well I liked this car when I first saw it , In fact I liked its interior more than its exterior , it just misses the quality and polish , but it would've been alot better .

Anyways I always wanted this car as hathback insted of these crappy HQs geely are still making ..

and with better rims

SO I photoshoped my dream :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
C-ncap gave Geely CK-1 a 4-star rating

C-ncap gave Geely CK-1 a 4-star rating
http://auto.sohu.com/20061225/n247248097.shtml
:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The topic of this funny report is "CNCAP碰撞四星 自由舰没丢自主品牌的脸“

translation:
碰撞= crash test
四星= 4 stars
自由舰= CK-1
没= not
丢.....脸= lose face
自主品牌= self-branded (auto)

SOHU is one of the largest mass media in China. So,the news and reports on it are believable.

·
Registered
481 Posts
maybe 4 start out of 100

or maybe 4 red stars ... which translates to 1/4 real star !

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Without seeing the full article, here's a guess on that title's translation.

Upon its 4 star rating in the C-NCAP crash test, the self-developed (Geely) Freedom Cruiser avoids a loss of face.

·
Registered
314 Posts
it looks apalling, the interior reaks of cheap plastiv and not much else and the exterior literally does look like a box on wheels, it's suspension is far too high with tyres that look to thin and to me at least they couldn't give this 'car' away!:thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not surprised. All car manufacturers were pretty bad up until the late 90's (except Merc, Volvo, maybe a few others).
In europe at least, once the EuroNCAP (www.euroncap.com) was started in the late 90s, car manufacturers started to improve and try to comply better with the standards. I think the C-NCAP will probably do the same thing, it just started, so in a few years we should start to see their safety improve.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not surprised Geely got poor results like this. Geely probably doesn't care about safety. Their motto is strictly 'cheap price'. Geely needs to realize this through the hard way to even get a taste of reality. I doubt that will ever work either. I am very disappointed.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Geely does care about safety.

But it has launched this car-making enterprise with the idea of making a profit. When it finally recognizes the relationship between profit and safety, and profit and the environment, it will change its ways.

Li Shufu is a smart man. I trust that he will come to this realization before
it's too late.

It is no doubt an embarassment for the students at Geely University to see these photos.

JM Steiny where are you when we need you!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 137 Posts