China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I drove one two weeks ago... It features a three speed gearbox (urghhhhh)...

I quickly made something that seems to me a bit better (for the exterior appearance :p ), but there's still a lot of work to do... :lol:

ht tp://devilinside.ifrance.com/ckkgt.jpg

I cannot post a photo directly because I'm new here... So, copy & paste... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
god_bless_japan said:
it looks apalling, the interior reaks of cheap plastiv and not much else and the exterior literally does look like a box on wheels, it's suspension is far too high with tyres that look to thin and to me at least they couldn't give this 'car' away!:thumb:
In fact, if the suspensions are so high, it's certainly because the model has to be sold in Africa and in South America as well, where the roads are not always in a too good shape...

·
Registered
481 Posts
lol at Devil , you now made it a TOTAL mercedes rip off

·
Registered
240 Posts
according to shanghaiDaily.com,Chinese cars aren't save enough.
here's the news:

China is catching up, and catching up fast. Since the Chinese NCAP tests were started to test out the safety of vehicles that are going onto the market in China foreign brands have done much better, and Chinese brands haven’t faired so well, actually they’ve done pretty badly. Especially Geely and their ‘Freedom Vessel’

The Free Cruiser sedan developed by Geely Holdings Group, which is expected to be among the first batch of models to be sold in the United States market, got only two stars - the lowest rating - in the China New Car Assessment Program, the China Automotive Technology and Research Center said this week.

The official vehicle inspection laboratory gave three stars to the A5 sedan made by Chery Automobile Co ltd and F3 sedan by BYD Automobile Co Ltd. At the other end of the scale, Toyota’s Crown premier sedan earned a top five-star rating, and the institute gave four stars to Honda’s City and Volkswagen’s Sagitar.

The tests were the first for Chinese-made models under the N-CAP program, an independent crash test drafted by Euro-NCAP, which sets standards in Europe.

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2007/01/29/shanghai-dailycom-chinese-cars-arent-so-safe/

·
Registered
627 Posts
the CK is selling off the rack.

This geely dealer that looks like a hole in the wall sold 40 Geely CK's in 1 week. If Geely opens more bigger dealers and more dealers the CK could be the best selling car in pakistan

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually like the car. Yes it has the Mercedez C Class front and God knows what old car is based on. but it looks Decent. and the interior... I like it. ( I've seen worst coming from big automakers such as Toyota, on new cars ). i think this car could be easily sold in South and Central america. :thumb:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Better, but.........

I DO like the re-design of this interior.......all the elements seem to work better together. HOWEVER, the fake wood HAS GOT TO GO :nono: :eek: - it is ENTIRELY out of place and makes the Geely seem cheap (and NO jokes about being redundant!!). Hey Geely, take a lesson from Honda...........look inside the Fit, City or Civic - no fake wood and they seem to make their plastic interiors work just fine!! :nod:

·
Registered
481 Posts
there's nothing new about the interior except the gearbox and the stupid plastic wood ..

this car needs a Carlieft not a facelift .. after being on the streets for 2 years here , Whenver i see one , they look like they are 15 years old ... headlights so foggy ... dirty washed out paint ... and no thats not a single incident ,, all GEELYS tend to look the same ... like they were heavily used for ages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,I don't like the wood from the interior;
The gearbox it's made in colaboration whit Antonov or it is a gearbox made by Geely?
Buy the way all the plastic from interior are very very cheep,and the car have some problems whit the front suspensions

41 - 60 of 137 Posts