1,268 Posts
Re: Geely CK (Otaka)

Has anyone seen the latest results of C-NCAP testing on this latest CK model
of Geely's?

·
Registered
1 Posts

To anyone who like to drive so fast, recklessly (thinks he's a qualifies F1 driver) and expected to end up in a crash.... this car is definitely NOT for you.

Cheer up everyone... think positive and drive safely to avoid crash.

Fast cars = crashed cars = Junk cars. I've seen lots of branded luxury cars crash in accident & many drivers/passengers die in them.

Have not seen a Geely accident yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts

[QUOTE = oo4load] Ну рейтинг можно догадаться по себе:)
Автомобиль сделал плохо в тесте CNCAP, и это испытание на высокой скорости.

1. Краш-теста старые. Качество теперь гораздо лучше.
2. Разбили самый дешевый комплект. Без подушки безопасности. Русский сборки, которые уже китайцы.
3. Не доверяйте автомобиль-ревю.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I wrote in English.
English I know badly. I use online the translator. Here also was mistaken sending the answer.
Should be so:
1. The Krash-test old. Quality is now much better.
2. Have broken the cheapest complete set. Without safety pillows. Russian assemblage, which already Chinese.
3. Do not trust the Car-revue.

·
Registered
14 Posts

The Krash-test old. Quality is now much better.
where confirmation of this fact?

Русский сборки, которые уже китайцы.
all the details of the Chinese, so there's obviously nothing to do with Russian assembly.

Do not trust the Car-revue.
wrote the truth about the Chinese automobile industry, probably hurts the eyes?

·
Registered
14 Posts

The Krash-test old. Quality is now much better.
where confirmation of this fact?

Русский сборки, которые уже китайцы.
all the details of the Chinese, so there's obviously nothing to do with Russian assembly.

Do not trust the Car-revue.
wrote the truth about the Chinese automobile industry, probably hurts the eyes?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Journalists are biassed.
yeah...they do, dont they. Especially when come to china product. But they failled to realised that many many things are now made and assemble in china. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts

Isn´t the Gleagle GC3, that was shown as a concept car supposed to be the successor of this Geely CK?
I wonder if Geely will soon introduce more Gleagles, because models like the GC5-series are way overdue!

·
Administrator
17,638 Posts
Geely CK1 scores zero stars at Latin NCAP test

New Car Assessment Programme or NCAP is a body aimed at consumers which focuses on the assessment and evaluation of the passenger safety aspects of new vehicles. There are currently 6 NCAP programs in the world: US NCAP, Euro NCAP, Japan NCAP, Korean NCAP (South Korea), China NCAP and Australasian NCAP.

Latest to join the bunch is the Latin NCAP which focuses on most popular cars sold in Latin America and the Caribbean.

One of the first cars they tested was a Geely CK1 and oh boy were they really disappointed. The car scored – wait for it – 0 ratings for its safety. To put is simply, if you are in the car and you are heading towards a barrier or a tree, you might as well say your last prayers.

The Geely CK1 that was crashed tested came fitted with a 1.3L petrol LHD with no airbags and the result was that the car’s body shell crumpled and rendered the A-pillar, steering column and pedals useless.

The other cars that were tested were

* Toyota Corolla XEI
* Chevy Meriva GL Plus
* FIAT Palio ELX 1.4 (with and without airbags)
* VW Golf Trend 1.6 (with and without airbags)
* Peugeot 207 Compact 5p 1.4 (with and without airbags)

Results:
http://www.latinncap.com/_en/?pg=results

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Facelift?
Instead the CK needs a face replacement and more. It's disastrous NCAP results made it lose face and Geely can't afford that. At least not in light of its latest acquisition prize.
Also in my opinion, the arrangement of the grille bars was poorly done from the getgo.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 137 Posts