China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ya I saw this at a fillipino forum and God a lot of fillipino members were flaming this car, complaining like mad. They cussed down this fillipino made PHUV, they said it is cheaply made, cheap interior, the manufacturers are looking down to the fillipino buyers...etc..etc

I can give you the link to that forum if you wish :)

But seriously I think this fillipino made PHUV looks pretty nice outside, I kinda like it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So Geely is now officially in the Philippines.I remember back then that last year Dreamco(owned by forumer Chinoy54) decided to bring a Geely HA 1.0(based on the Daihatsu Charade) and priced it at 350K(same price as the CK) and alot of people didn't love the vehicle(the first demo units had big defects) so decided to drop the Geely brand and instead concentrated on the Nanjing Yuejin and Foton vehicles instead...

And now there's a new distributor in the Philippines(Pan Fil Inter Trade Corp) though Geely won't really stand a chance against Chery(Iseway Motors Phils) which is coming this July.:nod:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Chinese car maker Geely seeks Israeli distributor

Geely had been in contact over the last three years with Daihatsu importer Talcar Ltd.
15 Jul 07 17:59
Chinese car manufacturer Geely is in advanced talks with an Israeli franchisee to market its vehicles in Israel. Geely had been in contact over the last three years with Daihatsu importer Talcar Ltd. Talcar held a letter of intent by the Chinese manufacturer of its intention to grant exclusivity as soon as import becomes possible, and it even imported a number of vehicles on a temporary basis for the purpose of market research. However, the two companies have not been in contact with each other in recent months and Geely has begun talks with other potential franchisors in Israel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ex-Geely owner

CAUTION:

be careful of china cars, especially geely brand. my husband was posted to shanghai for work and while there we bought a geely car. it was quite cheap, about 60,000 chinese renminbi (about 12,000 singapore dollars). less than a year and before clocking 10,000km, the car needed extensive overhaul. we had to write it off as a VERY bad investment.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wendy said:
...we bought a geely car. it was quite cheap, about 60,000 chinese renminbi (about 12,000 singapore dollars). less than a year and before clocking 10,000km, the car needed extensive overhaul
Since it happened less than a year, it's covered under warranty, right??? So what's the big deal? (Seriously)

Had it happened outside of warranty, how much is an overhaul anyway? If the combined cost of the overhaul+initial price is still less than a more reputable competitor, what's so bad about it?

(Believe me, I'm not justifying crappy quality, just looking at the situation from a financial point of view.)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Indeed, I heard quite a number of complaints about Geely's quality, I remember one said Geely car's exhaust pipe fell off on the road. You see I am not sure, probably it is a made up story but who knows :)

Btw Wendy, please do not generalise this for all Chinese made cars, not all Chinese made cars are like Geely. Chery QQ is really welcomed in many countries, so far I never heard any complaints about Chery QQ from those in Singapore or any from Pakistani, except for its high fuel consumption, other than that they said Chery QQ is really a comfortable cars even in long journey, compact, no major breakdowns or anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would say Chery Cars are much better made so hence, ya, i think chery cars are here to stay in Singapore for a long time. As for Geely, I am really not sure. I had a faculty mate who bought a Geely CK cause it was kinda of cheap. It turned out fine the first few months but it started acting up, like weird engine noises started to appear. On board electronics were also soon malfunctioning after they fixed the engine. Yup, sure there is warranty, but in the end, he got so fed up about having to always send the car for repairs that he scrapped his Geely and bought himself a Kelisa, a much smaller less powerful malaysian car but without the trouble of always having to send it to the repairs.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Agree with sadrabbit. Yes I heard a lot of complaints about Geely and other Chinese manufacturers but Chery is one of the few that people actually harshly complain about and almost no complaints at all, except for its rather high fuel consumption as I said before

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I currently owns a Picanto for 3 years in Singapore. Planning to look at the CK today (06/10/07). My Point of view is that we must test the car physically then we know how it is. No point keep 'hear say hear say.'
When I bought my Pica 3 yrs back, ppl keep telling me, KOrean car good meh? Troublesome leh, this and that. But frankly speaking, if it is not my family is growing, I dun mind having my Silver baby for the next 5 years since I had throw in so much $ in modding it till the FC is satisfied.
I would suggest those members, if your country has this thing call the 'Broquet' go get it. I had 8 pellets in my petrol tank and it helps in my FC.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi mrqq,
The website is wwwDOTbroquetDOTcom

BTW,
Tested the CK liao. Managed to sneak the MK too. NIcer finishes but money not nice. Out of budget. Yes indeed the CK engine is GOOD (Toyota), but the interior is bit not so nice in finishing but please, look at the price u pay for the CK lah. If wan better finishes, get the KIA Cerato which I am driving one also or Hyundai Avante.

Overall rating for the CK : 6.5/10
A good Point A to Point B car

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was comparing Chery and Geely as they are the cheapest car in singapore now...yet to make up my mind... until weeks ago driving along Turf city near to the high way , i saw many Chery cars park at the open field.. to my shock these are all new cars waiting to be sold and deliver to customers...Chery cars got no proper storage . there were bird shit and dried leaves and twigs all over the cars. sad to see cars left in the terrible singapore sun, wonder who gonna get these abused cars. sad for them too.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
wrap it up and I'll take it....

Hey you automotive shrink wrap salesman!

There's a customer just waiting for you to sell them your product.
Or, is Chery making the mistake of trying to save money despite bad first impressions overseas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Geely good hand in Nepal

Here we are extremely elated to inform you about the grand launching of GEELY AUTOMOBILES in Nepal. Saakha & Universal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. Is the exclusive distributor of Geely Automobiles for the territory of Nepal. Geely stands for technology, innovation, durability and competitive pricing that bring out the best value for money.
His Excellency Chinese Ambassador to Nepal, Zheng Xianglin was present during the launching of Geely Automobiles in Nepal.
Geey is a pioneer automobile brand of China. After Success across 60 countries, Geely finally made its presence in Nepal. The chinese made cars have started to roll in the streets of Nepal, beginning the new era of automobiles in Nepal.
Saakha & Universal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., a subsidary of SAAKHA GROUP introduced this product and have assured that customers satisfaction is the first priority. SAAKHA GROUP has been into business for long long long long time and have always proven that customers service is their top priority and with so much of assurance and service for geely customer, there is no choice but to have a peace of mind and to know that they stand behind their products.

No worries... SAAKHA & UNIVERSAL IS THERE ..... SAY CHERRS TO GEELY CARS....SAY CHEERS TO NEPAL...

I HAVE HEARD FROM LINN, THAT THEY ARE DOING PREETY GOOD JOB IN NEPAL... LOTS OF GEELY ADS AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITY GOING ON...
WE SIMPLY FEELY PROUD THAT GEELY IS HERE IN NEPAL AND HAVE DONE IT EFFECTIVELY...GREAT JOB SAAKHA...GREAT JOB GEELY...

Current Launch

Model: Geely CK
Type: Sedan (Entry level sedan Car)
Displacement: 1342 CC
Engine: Multipoint fuel injection

Features: Power steering, power window, AC/ Heating, Remote central lock with security system, alloy wheels, power side mirror, leather sear, CD/ DVD system, surround speakers, fog light, high breaking light, dual shade interiors, tilt steering, Individual passenger reading light and back storage compartment.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.