China Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm new here so pardon my username & etc...

so yes, i have a geely and i'm having this constant problem with the battery.
had the car for 3-4 months but the battery had already died on me thrice!

1st: never drive for 6-7 days.

2nd: had an accident at the carpark, but it was a minor one. like hellooooo i knew the car gonna hit onto the wall already, so why should i make the impact a big one. and it was fine, i could still drive it around for at least 2 weeks before the battery died again AFTER not driving it for 5 days.

3rd: had to go overseas so didn't drive for 4 days (thurs-mon). though someone did help me to start the engine for 2min (on sat). and AGAIN it died!

now the car is in workshop, and currently waiting to know what's wrong. heard it's because of the wiring. but how is it possible?! i had friends (honda cars) who had worst accidents/bangs compared to mine. but their cars are still well alive and kicking. and i'm getting very frustrated with the geely. apparently the only problem is that the battery kept dying yet they said it's not the battery. is it coz of the accident, but i swear it wasn't a bad impact. who will be stupid enough to hit their car on the wall if they already know that's gonna happen. and there's no other problem while driving. btw it's a geely ck which is about 1 year old.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: having problems with my geely.

well for starters having a name like I hate geely isn't going to help much.

If your battery keeps dying because of the wiring its usually because there is a lose connection/bad solder/faulty earth in your cars wiring or electricals. I doubt that it was because of your accedent, if it was you prob would have damaged more than just the wiring...

Best of luck with getting your car fixed!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Learner_Driver said:
well for starters having a name like I hate geely isn't going to help much.
I agree with Learner.
Maybe there is an electrical draw on the battery when the car is not in use. Make sure that you don't leave the key in the ignition when you park it overnight.
With a fully charged battery and the key in your pocket, have the maintenance shop use a ammeter to check for an excessive draw at the battery. You may have a dome light that's staying on, or a door ajar. The draw on the battery should not exceed around 50 milliamps.

·
Registered
938 Posts

i think that you are making elefant from a fly :D

maybe you should buy a new battery and check then what happend, what kind of cost is this 50 usd, 100 usd, if the car was on stock for a long time, there is a possiblity that battery is dead, even if you charge it right, you had a car accident and you can expect some problems, maybe somekind electric part is damaged which must be replaced, relay or something smaller, of wires have stupid contact somewhere, new cars have wires thru whole body, so there is always a possiblity for damage, also have you check the alternator???

maybe he is having problem, on my fiat punto, it's a italian car, i have a problem and car was 7 days old, there was company mistake on alternator, so in service they replace the alternator and car work fine, drive you car to the service station and let the mechanic for electricity check you car well

also to compare honda and gelly....pay firstly double price for honda and then you will a quality witch you want to get :nod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
confused with geely

..hi i am new to the forum my name is John i live in kusadasi /turkey..i have a queerie ,and i hope someone can help ..i have emailed geely directly with no reply ..i have a 15 month old geely echo ,i had my first 2,000 km sevice late last year .my 2nd one is not due till 10,km , and that will be about 6 months away (or more) as i only have 7,000 km on the clock,i have a problem with the car overheating ..first of all i thought it was the thermostat,later found out it is the sender switch...when i phoned my geely distributer in Izmir ..they told me to bring the car in ,i said it would never make it(as it is 50km away) they told me if the car broke down ,just to use the telephone number on the side window .and they would tow me in (probably with a blown gasket) i just don,t see the logic in that, at all surely it would save a lot of time and money for them to come out to me..anyway they told me they disdd not have the sender switch in stock anyway ..so i would have been without my car for god knows how long ..this is the worst after sales service i have ever had..ps also my battery packed up after 2 months of buying this car ,and i had to buy a new one ,i still have the receiept and the battery..thankyou for any help..John Eadie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: confused with geely

..i am new to the forum ,i made the above post a couple of days ago .76 people have veiwed the post but no replies :confused: i appologise if i have posted in the wrong place ,if so can a moderator move it to were it should be..thankyou in advance:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts

..thanks for all the help :( ..i am obviously on the wrong forum 203 views and still no help..:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts

It's like that in a lot of these forums, to be honest we can't really help you as we can't acuallt assess the car.

If your car is constantly overheating the first thing I would recommend is checking to see if the water lebels in your radiator is adequate (also it is important to have anti-freeze in the radiator water as most modern cars won't run properly without it). If the overheating is cauused by a part malfunctioning the only real coice it to take it to a mechanics and have it replaced.

Hope that helped

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Geely LC GT Overheating

Hi there. I am situated in South Africa. I have a huge problem for the last 2 years with my Geely. It keeps on overheating. I have till now gone through 3 radiators, replaced water pump. Tried driving it without a thermo an now put in a new thermo. The car keeps on overheating. The water in the radiator stays at the same lever but the water in the overflow bottle keeps on boiling and being pushed out till it is empty then overheats.

What is the problem here as I have no idea.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Continual overheating Geely LC 1,3

Good day,
My name is Brent Appel from Port Elizabeth South Africa.
My son in Cape Town was driving a 2011 Geely LC 1,3. it was giving him overheating problems. He replaced the radiator and for over two years the car went well. November 2017 too many problems occurred with the overheating and he had the rings replaced and new engine seals and re-bored etc. New thermostat. Car gave errors and the mechanic sort out the errors. He drove the car up to me 850 km to prove that the car was perfect. The next day it overheated. I used to drive with the aircon on and that was the only way the fans would work. 11 km trip to work in PE each day. If I drove the car at night for 6 km it would overheat. I replaced the 5 pin relay( YouTube video showed me how to test it and it was faulty) and the fans would work but too late so engine would overheat. I flushed the radiator with Wynn's flush, replaced the thermostat now a 75 degrees C not the 82 degree C, replaced the coolant temp sensor (it was rusty and coated with a deposit) filled the car with the most expensive coolant. The car is perfect during the day. I can travel in hot/cold weather and the gauge sits at 4 notches and rises to 5 and fans come on and cools the car to 4 notches on the gauge. Perfect for days. BUT if I ride the car after sunset for 2 km only, I just make it home as the gauge is close to displaying overheat. Fans seem to be in "sleep mode" waiting for some signal which never comes at night.
I saw in an online error manual , it mentions a sun sensor in some Geelys.
Has anyone in the world experienced such a problem?
I will be grateful if someone can shed light on this problem.
Thanks very much.
My Geely Garage is 30 km out of town and I will have to make a plan to take it there if I cannot self-diagnose it.
Regards
Brent Appel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts