1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
17,466 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Better looking now...

I hope that quality is improving fast so that Geely can export to more countries.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
And indeed you both are quite correct, then it brings me to the next question :

Fiat copied Chevrolet or Chevrolet copied Fiat ? Which is which ?

·
Administrator
17,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Geely GT

Lets jump to the past for a moment to check sporty version of MR named Geely GT.

From China Car Times - The 1.3l mini car had a number of design features merged into one little package, it has sports coloring (either red, or yellow), with a matching interior, and sport alloys.It also appears to have SUV style bumper protectors. On the engine side of things, the Jaguar Wind GT has a 1.3l engine which is supposedly economical (although only achieving Euro 2 emissions standard), and sporty.

Sadly the Jaguar Wind GT is now out of production, but when it was in production it was 50,000rmb on the road.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wondering if someone can fill me in. I'm interested in Geely's Daihatsu Charade based cars and am trying to work out their timeline. I think its the Haoqing first in 1998, with its pseudo-Mercedes grille (including that funny little semi-notch version which may have used the Merrie name), then the MB/Uliou in 2002 (was the hatch called Merrie, and the sedan the Uliou?), then in ??2003 the MR (Merrie) 203, followed by a restyled Merrie/Uliou in 2007 with new rear end treatments?

You're probably thinking "who cares?" but I am a bit of an obsessive completist. Thanks to anyone who can answer my question.

2006 MR 1.3
http://che168.car.autohome.com.cn/pic/model_1705.htm

·
Administrator
17,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
martin_krpan said:
Lets jump to the past for a moment to check sporty version of MR named Geely GT.

From China Car Times - The 1.3l mini car had a number of design features merged into one little package, it has sports coloring (either red, or yellow), with a matching interior, and sport alloys.It also appears to have SUV style bumper protectors. On the engine side of things, the Jaguar Wind GT has a 1.3l engine which is supposedly economical (although only achieving Euro 2 emissions standard), and sporty.

Sadly the Jaguar Wind GT is now out of production, but when it was in production it was 50,000rmb on the road.
Geely GT with unusual interior colour combination:
http://car.che168.com/pic/series_453/index.html#sp

1 - 20 of 26 Posts