China Car Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
If Geely manages to pop 120+ hp from this I can see this being a hit for the boy racers down here (myself included).

Edit: On a closer inspection, it seems that the cars (both in showromm and carpark) seem to tilt on one side. Or is it just me?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I see it too LD.
The leaning low on the left is more than an illusion.......

But I don't think you will never see these models down your way. They are not suitable for export and will be headed for the Geely museum before long.

2003 MR

·
Registered
305 Posts
Uh, people....................Geely stopped producing this over a year ago. I'm sure there are some unsold models still sitting around in some showrooms, but that's it. The freedom cruiser (CK) is now Geely's smallest 4 door sedan, and the Panda is Geely's small hatchback (available with a 1.0 or 1.3l engine). I drove the MR several times - somewhat noisy (especially the gearbox), mushy brakes, numb feeling power steering......but the engine had decent power and the sport model of the MR was cool........in a ugly way. One interesting thing.....I still see a lot of them on the roads. Maybe they were noisy and harsh, but they were surprisingly reliable (smaller towns in Guangxi still use old Geelys as taxis, as well as the unauthorized "private" taxis in Shenzhen). I will not mourn the passing of the MR, but it was a important car for Geely's learning curve and education in proper car production. So...........the MR is dead, long live the MR!!;)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts