China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Please tell us more how it is a copy, I have to admit that this is really an ugly design but after looking at it and the Toyota Aygo carefully I failed to see any similarities between this Aoo and the Aygo except for the shape of the car that look similar, You can say that about the BYD F1 but to me this Aoo looks more like the Chery QQ

·
Registered
63 Posts
Notice on the sides, the shapes of doors, the clean windshield, the rear window of the door pivot, the rear door glass .... Just change relative to the Toyota Aygo and Citroen C1 to details like the shape of the front, rear lights, rear bumper and the dashboard.

More than half of the car was a Citroen C1 or a Toyota Aygo.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thank you AG225 but after following your descriptions , again I failed to see the similarity between the C1 (Aygo) and the Aoo, or maybe my eyes are bad , but 1 thing I find similar that you mentioned is the shape of the door, other than that I think nothing else on the Aoo can fit into the idea of a C1 or Aygo copy really, btw I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the rear window of Aoo and the rear window of C1( Aygo) look the same.

PS : Damn the C1 and the Aygo look so alike. I actually never compared the Aygo and the C1 before.

And the Lifan one looks a lot like a C1 rather than an Aygo

·
Registered
52 Posts
As you probably now P.S.A. Group ( Peugeot and Citroen ) share a model with Toyota.
Toyota ygo = Citroen c1 = Peugot 1007. To make it even more interesting the petrol engine used in the toyota is the 3 cylinder twin cam made by daihatsu thats used in the new sirion

·
Registered
148 Posts
its cute and nice, as long as reliability and price and safety is good, it hink it wiilll do good in chinese asian market

·
Registered
63 Posts
mememe said:
Thank you AG225 but after following your descriptions , again I failed to see the similarity between the C1 (Aygo) and the Aoo, or maybe my eyes are bad , but 1 thing I find similar that you mentioned is the shape of the door, other than that I think nothing else on the Aoo can fit into the idea of a C1 or Aygo copy really, btw I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the rear window of Aoo and the rear window of C1( Aygo) look the same.

PS : Damn the C1 and the Aygo look so alike. I actually never compared the Aygo and the C1 before.

And the Lifan one looks a lot like a C1 rather than an Aygo

Compares with a Citroen C1 details that you frame in red and shape of the roof (If you fixed More details equal).

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
There's probably a large set of people just to the east of me, over in New Mexico, Roswell to be exact, who may try and make a play on ordering some of these cars then! I tried to give that front end an objective look and it wasn't workin' for me very well!

·
Administrator
17,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, according to article on Gasgoo.com front part of the car is indeed designed to look like giant panda.

China's largest private carmaker Geely Automobile plans to launch a mini-car with its front part resembling a giant panda, the national emblem for China, by August next year, said a company official.

"Geely will launch a model that looks like a giant panda in appearance and that may be the first model to carry our new logo," said Geely's vice president Wang Ziliang.

The model under the codename Lc-1 will be equipped with Geely's self-developed engine and it offers two-door or four-door options. Earlier this month the company just launched its new logo designed by a college student.

In the first ten months of the year, Geely sold 149,843 vehicles, up 12.4 percent from one year earlier. The automaker said on Monday it aims to sell 20,000 vehicles this year and 40,000 vehicles by 2008.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No. Chinese for panda is 熊猫 'xiong mao', which is going to be the actual name of this new car. I wonder what the English name will be, though...

1 - 20 of 113 Posts