·
Registered
305 Posts
This is SO wrong...............

Real_I_Hate_China said:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3678554a30,00.html

Geely knocked out of the US market.

Will Chery be able to make it?

WHY do you do this China hater??????? You took ONE small part of the entire article and quoted it, and then you added your own FALSE TRUTH?? First of all, if anyone reads the ENTIRE story, then they will discover that the story is actually a very POSITIVE one about Li Shufu and how Geely has grown so quick iin just eight years!! Second, NOWHERE in the story does it say ANYTHING about Geely being "knocked out of the US market" - NOWHERE!!!!!!!! OK, maybe Geely won't keep it's timeline as far as entering the US market by 2008...........we'll see what happens when 2008 gets here. IN ANY CASE, what you are doing is taking one small part of the story and then giving the APPEARANCE of a negative article.........you should be ashamed. NO ONE ELSE on this forum does these kinds of things - everyone else here (from what I read at least) is open minded and contributes in a positive manner. If I were the admin of this forum, I would think seriously about throwing you out - but I suppose every forum needs a negative person like you to keep things "balanced".

The TRUTH of the story is that Geely is not putting pressure on themselves as far as giving a definitive timeline for entry into the US market. Geely WILL enter the US market WHEN THEY FEEL THEY ARE READY.......THAT is the truth. ENOUGH of your negative spin, China hater.........you actually come close to slander when you say "Geely knocked out of the US market".

To everyone else - make sure you read the ENTIRE story (China hater at least provided a link, I give him credit for that) before you develop a opinion on this, OK? Personally, I give Geely credit for being honest and telling the truth - thank you Li Shufu!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Well, no wonder Honda doesn't export its Chinese Accord.

What a POMPOUS, ARROGANT attitude...........Honda doesn't export it's Chinese Accord BECAUSE IT SELLS EVERY ONE OF THEM IN CHINA AS FAST AS THEY CAN MAKE THEM............it has NOTHING to do with quality!!! As far as the China Accord having a 96% "chinese parts rate"..........the J.D. Power IQS (initial quality survey) for 2005 (the most recent survey available) gives the CHINESE Honda Accord a rating of 110 (the U.S. average score is 118, by the way) - MORE than enough quality to be sold in the U.S. market IF HONDA WANTED TO!!!! Honda doesn't NEED to do that - they already build the Accord in the U.S as it is.

You know China hater, be careful with that Toyota you drive.......Toyota (and GM as well) are in negotiations right now with several Chinese companies regarding having more of their parts MADE IN CHINA and then exported to the USA..........next time you have your Toyota fixed the shop might be using CHINESE PARTS:eek: :thumb: !!!

Now as far as Geely is concerned (the original subject of this thread)..........yes, Geely DOES need to improve it's quality if it wants to be a success in the USA. I'm not exactly sure what Geely's IQS score was (above 400), but you ARE right, China hater........Geely WILL need to improve that score a lot. Here are a few excerpts from the J.D. Power IQS from Dec. 2005 -

"The study finds initial vehicle quality in China averages 236 PP100—an improvement of 11 percent (or 29 PP100) from 2004. Problems reported since the 2000 study have declined by nearly 50 percent."

"The influx of newly launched models that excel in initial quality in the China market is raising the competition to a higher level," said John Humphrey, senior vice president and managing director of J.D. Power Asia Pacific China operations. "The current average for newly launched models is 177 PP100—compared with 242 PP100 for existing models—a true testament to the rising number of high quality vehicles available to Chinese consumers."

So, the industry average for NEW models in China is now 177....not too bad and MUCH improved from the overall average of 236. It's STILL not up to the american average of 118...........by my POINT is that Chinese cars ARE IMPROVING in quality and these FACTS prove it. Chinese car companies are VERY aware of the quality improvements they need to make in order to market and sell their cars in the USA, and they are working hard to reach that level. The FACT that the Chinese Honda Accord can reach a IQS rating of 110 is PROOF that Chinese cars (and parts) CAN reach that level......the other companies (Chery, Geely, Xiali, etc..) are learning and getting better year by year, month by month, and even day by day!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts