China Car Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
What's so strange about Tiggo's posting is that he refuses to talk about competitiveness of Chinese vehicles, instead prefering to debate which foreign vehicle is better, which doesn't concern Chinese auto industry in anyway what so ever.
I didn't know you would actually complain about something other than "crapiness" of Chinese cars. I am not interested in personal assessment, I believe in NUMBERS.

You want competitiveness? you got the sale's number in Beijing.

This is the latest online sale's number of Beijing Yayun automobile market, one of the most important car vending centers in China's capital.

From 15th may to 21st may, 2006. The center sold a total of 598 cars last week, of which Beijing Hyundai only got 13 cars and Chery ranked 2nd by a number of 50.

http://www.beiyacheshi.com/yycMarket/default.asp

China's automobile industry info board (reliable): sale's number of April 2006 in China.

GZ Honda Accord: 13,197

SH VW Passat: 10,616

Dongfeng Peugeot 307: 4,783

1st VW Bora: 4,002

BJ Hyundai NF:1,329

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
Well, no wonder Honda doesn't export its Chinese Accord.
Well most people dont know this but China CANT sell any of the cars it makes in china if it is a partnership with another company. thats why other than china you cant find a made in china accord or camry. This is part of the partnership agreement.
for example lets say SAIC and VW partnership, the chinese government say that in order for vw to sell its jetta's in china it must be made in china. and vw says ok as long as SAIC wont sell the car anywhere else other than china. why?. because if SAIC sells its jetta's to germany, where there is already a germand plant making the jetta's, the made in china one would be exactly identical but cost 50% less, therefore the germand plant would be screwed.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well most people dont know this but China CANT sell any of the cars it makes in china if it is a partnership with another company. thats why other than china you cant find a made in china accord or camry. This is part of the partnership agreement.
for example lets say SAIC and VW partnership, the chinese government say that in order for vw to sell its jetta's in china it must be made in china. and vw says ok as long as SAIC wont sell the car anywhere else other than china. why?. because if SAIC sells its jetta's to germany, where there is already a germand plant making the jetta's, the made in china one would be exactly identical but cost 50% less, therefore the germand plant would be screwed.
You and I understand this but Tiggo dude doesn't, that's the problem.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
You and I understand this but Tiggo dude doesn't, that's the problem.
Hooooo, look who's talking. A minute ago you were asking stupid questions like this

Real_I_Hate_China said:
Well, no wonder Honda doesn't export its Chinese Accord.
and now you talk as if it were actually you who had signed that contract.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts