China Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I don't like going offtopic and bash any other country here but I don't think that general perception of indian brands are better is true at all, if you just look at the crash test of the electric car Reva aka G-wiz.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NGjvt8tqRYc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=btw3DaqJbpI&mode=related&search=

I am really sorry if this post offends any members here but I just would like to point out about that general perception. I mean if the electric car look like this then I don't think how a conventional car will look like

ok get back to the topic, I don't really know if GWM can really make it to Europe, I think they will need more time and really put their mind into it in order to achieve it , hopefull they learnt the lessons from Landwind and do a much better job than Landwind. Great Wall landing in Italy is already a good sign but let us not be too optimistic about this and hope Great Wall can really make a good example for other Chinese carmakers to follow up

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It would be very nice if you can just try to dig out some sources and links for everything above :)

Thanks for the info Mico

PS : if the homologation progress was done in the U.K then what are the chances of it going on sale in the UK ?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Great Wall Motor appeals against Fiat ruling

July 25, 2008

Shanghai, July 25 (Gasgoo.com) Chinese carmaker Great Wall Motor Co has already issued an appeal against an Italian court ruling that bars it from selling a compact car in the European Union because it too closely resembles Fiat's Panda, a Great Wall official told Chinese media on Thursday.

"We are expecting a just and reasonable judgment this time," Great Wall spokesman Shang Yugui told Shanghai Securities Journal. He said it's incomprehensible that the Turin court ruling starkly contradicts car experts' conclusion.

Shang explained that the Turin court had hired a group of car experts to investigate into the case in advance, and the experts concluded that Great Wall's Peri has its own feature and doesn't violate the property rights of Fiat's Panda. The Turin court, however, ruled on July 16 that "the Peri is a (Fiat) Panda with a different front end."

The court decided that Great Wall should pay a 15,000 euro ($23,810) fine for the first compact Peri imported into Europe, Automotive News Europe said, but Great Wall is allowed to appeal against the ruling within 15 days.

The Chinese automaker claims the Italian court may simply want to protect the auto corporations of its own country as Great Wall's competitive car Peri on sale in the EU market will pose a serious challenge to the Italian brand.

Great Wall said in a statement issued today that it did not anticipate the dispute on the mainland to have any immediate material adverse effects on its operations, business or financial position, but its EU export plan might be affected.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/7192/Great-Wall-Motor-appeals-against-Fiat-ruling.html

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
OMG what kind of mentality is this ? China will be forever backward with these type of people.

At least Brilliance is doing some works with the FRV.

TJ Innova and GWM can rot in hell if they carry on with this attitude.

TJ Innova is the same people that design the Lifan Passat, correct ?

The funny thing is when you try to enter TJ Innova site, it says "the page cannot be found"

lol what kind of company is that.

And look at this , their concept

people say it is the copy of Renault Fluence concept

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Mico.

Do you think GWM is present in Georgia ? coz I saw a footage and it keeps on puzzling me if those police pickups are GW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts