China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Administrator
17,894 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
ok, let's go step by step...there is two courts in progress, one in italy and one in china, i have info from the first hand and fiat many time delay that court...so i think that this information is false, one court which was in great britan where is car homolgated...is done, and they refuse the law suit from fiat(i read that somewhere but i can't confirm but car is over 90% homolgated in britan), also there is another thing..italian law will sure get the desicion on fiat...and chinese...of course on GWM, so i am quite wondering how will this happen...no matter...i already plan to order some peri models, i like it

also peri is still in homolgation progress...most of it are done...but there is still plenty of work to do on some small matters, second model which will hit the market in europe is STEED(wingle)model

i am sure that GWM wount pay a dime for it and there is always possibility to change something in the car before entering market in european union

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It would be very nice if you can just try to dig out some sources and links for everything above :)

Thanks for the info Mico

PS : if the homologation progress was done in the U.K then what are the chances of it going on sale in the UK ?

·
Administrator
17,894 Posts
From Automotive News.

Great Wall banned from exporting GWPeri minicar.

A Turin court ruled this week that a Chinese minicar built by independent automaker Great Wall won't be allowed into Europe.

The court said the GWPeri minicar is too similar to the Fiat Panda.

Fiat sued Great Wall both in Italy and in China. Those moves were aimed at keeping the GWPeri out of the European Union and out of China. Fiat alleged that the car was a clone of its Panda minicar.

On July 16, a Turin court accepted Fiat's claims, saying in its ruling "the (GWPeri) doesn't look like a different car but is a (Fiat) Panda with a different front end."

The court ruled that Great Wall should pay a 15,000-euro fine for the first GWPeri imported in Europe. In case of further violations of the ruling, the fine grows to 50,000 euros per imported car.

Lawyers for Great Wall said the company will appeal the Turin court decision.

The court case in China is still pending. Earlier this year, Great Wall starting selling the GWPeri in China.

Fiat doesn't sell the Panda in China. The car has been Europe's best selling minicar since 2004.

·
Registered
938 Posts
mememe said:
It would be very nice if you can just try to dig out some sources and links for everything above :)

Thanks for the info Mico

PS : if the homologation progress was done in the U.K then what are the chances of it going on sale in the UK ?
you see now what they say..now is already 50000 euros, soon will be that fiat will buy gwm because they want to stop producing of peri....i can't belive what the press are doing, peri is already exported in many countries...near europe it's ukraine,turkey,russia, is african countries it's alredy exported over 5000 vehicles...they can's stop the selling of PERI because of one stuff which i hear that must be...it say, car must be 75% smillar to other product so you can call it a copy...peri is not....end of story :D

first car which will hit the market in U.K is steed (wingle), he is already prepared with sterring wheel on right side, engine will be 2.4 mivec mitsubishi gasoline engine

·
Registered
938 Posts
wxw30 said:
when is the wingle scheduled to enter the UK?
still I don't know the 100% sure date, but can be very very soon :)

to DAEWOO...if you follow the products of gwm...most of those cars are based on isuzu, hover is also based on isuzu axiom, gwm for long year have coperration between isuzu and them, even this engine 2.8 TC diesel is based on isuzu tehonology, by outside elements steed/wingle don't have any part which is smillar to d-max model, interior is the same like they did from axiom model in hover, that interior was in d-max in 2005-2006 year model, in 2007 isuzu change it and gwm buys that old interior..now install it on also in sailor model,alo the homolgated engine for european market is mitsubishi mivec 24 gasoline while isuzu most of it offer is based on diesel engines 2.5 and 3-0

many chinese cars after that install it also,some models of zx auto, landwind...bla bla bla

·
Administrator
17,894 Posts
Great Wall Motor to appeal vs ruling on Europe ban.

July 22, 2008 - China's Great Wall Motor Co will appeal against a Turin court's ruling to ban it from selling a compact car in the European Union because it too closely resembles Fiat's FIA.M Panda, a lawyer for the Chinese company said on Monday.

"There is no doubt that we will appeal against the ruling," he said, although he added that the company was still working on its response to last week's decision.

The Turin court ruled that Great Wall should pay a 15,000 euro ($23,810) fine for the first compact GWPeri imported into Europe, while further violations would carry fines of 50,000 euros per imported car, Automotive News reported over the weekend.

"We cannot accept the ruling. Let me reiterate that GWPeri was developed on our own and has no similarity to the Panda," said Great Wall spokesman Shang Yugui.

He added that a suit filed by Fiat in China was still awaiting a decision.

Last October, a Fiat spokeswoman in China said the Italian firm had started legal proceedings against Great Wall in China and in Europe over the similarity of the GWPeri and the Panda.

Great Wall, China's largest sport utility vehicle maker, started selling the GWPeri in mid-March in China priced at 43,900 yuan to 55,800 yuan ($6,430 - $8,173).

The company has sold around 4,000 of the vehicles, which are also available in the Middle East, South America and Russia, Shang said.

Great Wall's Hong Kong-listed shares rose 2.57 percent on Monday to HK$5.59, in line with a 2.76 percent rise in Hong Kong's China Enterprises Index.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Great Wall Motor appeals against Fiat ruling

July 25, 2008

Shanghai, July 25 (Gasgoo.com) Chinese carmaker Great Wall Motor Co has already issued an appeal against an Italian court ruling that bars it from selling a compact car in the European Union because it too closely resembles Fiat's Panda, a Great Wall official told Chinese media on Thursday.

"We are expecting a just and reasonable judgment this time," Great Wall spokesman Shang Yugui told Shanghai Securities Journal. He said it's incomprehensible that the Turin court ruling starkly contradicts car experts' conclusion.

Shang explained that the Turin court had hired a group of car experts to investigate into the case in advance, and the experts concluded that Great Wall's Peri has its own feature and doesn't violate the property rights of Fiat's Panda. The Turin court, however, ruled on July 16 that "the Peri is a (Fiat) Panda with a different front end."

The court decided that Great Wall should pay a 15,000 euro ($23,810) fine for the first compact Peri imported into Europe, Automotive News Europe said, but Great Wall is allowed to appeal against the ruling within 15 days.

The Chinese automaker claims the Italian court may simply want to protect the auto corporations of its own country as Great Wall's competitive car Peri on sale in the EU market will pose a serious challenge to the Italian brand.

Great Wall said in a statement issued today that it did not anticipate the dispute on the mainland to have any immediate material adverse effects on its operations, business or financial position, but its EU export plan might be affected.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/7192/Great-Wall-Motor-appeals-against-Fiat-ruling.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great Wall Wingle gets EU’s green light for export
By Kelly From:Gasgoo.comJuly 28, 2008
Shanghai, July 28 (Gasgoo.com) Chinese carmaker Great Wall Motor announced the company has been approved to export its high-end pickup Wingle to the European market, reported xinhua.net today.

According to test results released by the British Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA), the Wingle model has passed 26 tests in safety, emission, noise and other aspects. Thus VCA confirmed that Great Wall’s Wingle has met European standards.

Wingle, the main export products of Great Wall Motor, has been sold in more than 70 countries except the European Union. Now, the Chinese carmaker is delivering this model to the European market, starting from Italy, Romania and other countries with the Great Wall overseas sales channel.

Great Wall's sights are now set on Europe. As a launch model for Europe, the Wingle has been produced to meet the European standards. "Wingle is a pickup that can rival Ford and Toyota, so undoubtedly the model can get European’s approval," said the overseas marketing department of Great Wall.

·
Registered
938 Posts
this I can say that is a old news :) i already got his information 3 week ago when progress was done,hehe,also i have all documentation from VCA, i can't wait to order it...name for europe will be STEED like it's sold in south africa,mass production of that model will be very soon, i hope that i will be able to order it maybe for one month

personaly wingle is a good car...but i will like it more when i drive it with gasoline engine...136 HP!!!! + LPG on it :) :) :) that rulessss

·
Registered
938 Posts
by the homolgation progress car must pass regular ECE R94 and R95 regulation, i have those test reports and i can tell you for sure that car is safe, for homolgation progress you don't must to give the vehicle to euroncap institute, my car how have over 25000 km and car is very good, for now i didn't have any accident and big problems with it

personaly i would like that gwm put the steed at ncap test to compare that results with other car makers

·
Registered
938 Posts
here i find a note from chinese stock exchange

chinese court dismiss law suit from fiat

and here is a result, picture of expert which made a 3d comparation between panda and peri, orange color is what look like panda...not more that 5% of it

21 - 40 of 85 Posts