China Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi every body,
I am new to this forum. However, I bought 2009 Great Wall Deer Pick-up last March. The car is very nice and heavy duty. It also compete Toyota cars here in my country OMAN.
However, there is a small problem in this car which is the increase in the temperature. It goes higher than the half and continues until it reaches a stage where the AC got disconnected (i.e. no cooling). This increase in temperature has been seen at speed of 120 KM/hr and with increasing the speed the situation become worse.

For the owner or the manufacturer, this small and may be simple problem will affects your sales as well your reputation here in Oman.

I can assure you, if would you be able to solve this problem; you will bit Toyota pick-up( the popular and expensive pick-up in Oman).

Myself, I believe the problem will be either in:
1.efficiency of the radiator's impeller. or/and
2. Water pump efficiency to provide the sufficient circulation. or/and
3.The radiator efficiency to exchange heat with air effectively.

Can someone feed me back from the manufacturer regarding the right solutions becuse this is a common deficict in Oman. So, I can aske for repair accordingly?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you are best off finding a local solution

i would be suggesting the simplest is a bigger radiator if you are sure there's no blockage or maintenance issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all, thank you for your replay.

I am sure there is no blockage nor a maintenance issue.
Also, I heared many custmors here in Oman who have/complaining about the same problem.
Also, my cousin told me that one of his friend install a bigger radiator but the problem is still there.

It may also worth to mention that the temperature in Oman is very high around 50 degC and the car might be designed for cold weather only???.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if i go here:

http://www.gwm.com.cn/eng/html/about/os.asp

it shows there's a new car showroom in Oman

this is a new truck so surely they have some kind of advice back at your local dealer?

i would like to think that GWM being one of the biggest companies with sales in Egypt and South Africa (also hot countries) that they would have no problems with high temperature

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Where was the air conditioning system installed? Are there any brush guards or other obstructions to air flow?

·
Registered
938 Posts
have you check the termostat??? we had similar problems here and replace the termostat and all work just fine, because there you have really abnormal high temperature maybe you can try to "made" a one hole on the engine hood, like you have intercooler on car, also maybe you shoud replace the anti-frezze which is adusted to high temperatures, aslo maybe you shoud try to clean your radiator grill more often, especially if you drive at dust or something like this

here is what I mean, maybe this will help your engine to have more air and to have better cooling, also you can do a side holes like some models of land rover have

also i think that there is no engine which can compete with this kind of temperature without small overheat, especially when you want to drive at high speed which is over 100, some out models here in croatia in very sunny days also overheat a little at temperatures between 25 and 30 degrees

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi xfeng.

I import gwm to Cape Verde islands in west africa.
The heat is also a problem in here.
I asked the factory to cancel the thermostat, meaning that the vent is working all the time, when you acelerate the engine it work faster.
Its a simple do it yourself operation.

enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I agree with Micodelija, a 50-50 mix of coolant and water is important to proper engine cooling at the high temps you are dealing with.
Also be careful about "canceling" the thermostat, as such removal can lead to poor engine efficiency and poor fuel economy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts