China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like Peri and Cowry another GW's concept car is heading into production. This time it's time for Florid wich was presented to Chinese public in 2006. Paparazzi already caught camouflaged production version of the future hatcback on Chinese roads:

It seems the final version of the car will look very much like the prototype, except for the logo of course.

More about Florid concept can be found here.

·
Registered
938 Posts
florid is in the final production...but will not hit the market soon, i see this car today with pery and cowry,i have opurrtunity to drive it also,interior is very nice..and comfortable, have g.w 1.3 efi engine, 65 kw

·
Registered
938 Posts
to me...florid looks much like new toyota yaris, but i really don't care about it, importat is that we will have quality car for lower price than toyota :) copy or not...isn't really mater to me

·
Registered
938 Posts
EH? hehe, not this is a my opinion, many european press told that, Scion isn't selling here,but anyway..i am glad that it's based on toyota car, like old pick up models deer and safe, i am sure that it will be a good quality, but the cars are still isn't done, I drive it in china...and they told me that gwm have in plans to change some parts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Toyota Yaris YRS. And to me it looks like a Yaris front. The body shape is the same. With a Scion back end. LOL. Cool.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
GW Florid sedan to roll off line in early October

September 12, 2008

Shanghai, September 12 (Gasgoo.com) A few months after launching its first sedan model Peri, Chinese carmaker Great Wall Motor has revealed that its second sedan Florid will roll off line on October 6 and debut at the Guangzhou auto show in November, said xinhuanet.com today.

The GW Florid is a 5-door compact sedan with two rows of seats, and the rear row has foldaway seats which can give the interior a feel of larger space. The exterior of this dynamic sedan looks gorgeous and splendid like its name. This new GW sedan will be priced at 60,000 yuan ($8,780) to 80,000 yuan when it goes on sale later this year.

The Florid, as the second small car after Peri from Great Wall Motr, is powered by the 1.3L VVT gasoline engine which meets the Euro IV standards. Later Florid models will have the stocking 1.5 gasoline engine and an optional 1.2 diesel engine, perhaps the first for any small Chinese car.

Great Wall Motor, China's largest maker and exporter of pickups and SUVs, has made its foray into the small-car segment. The company launched its first sedan Peri in March this year. The compact Florid is set to become the most 'sporty' of the Great Wall Motor's lineup.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/1007743/GW-Florid-sedan-to-roll-off-line-in-early-October.html

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
You are right SadRabbit. But as you can see Hover and its SUV sales are down recently. It looks like a while back Great Wall saw the handwriting on the wall, and was desperate to turn out more mainstream type passenger cars like the Florid and Peri.
Will the copies hurt their image? Probably. But it's obvious that they were willing to take the gamble.

·
Registered
938 Posts
hover sale by my opinion is going very well, also they offer plenty of new stuff, like new mask, some interior changes, couple of diesel engines 2.5 and 2.8 also a new gasoline engine

normaly every year hover is sold to 50-55000 units, so i think that this year also hover will have the good result, guangzhou honda crv is a hit on the market, always that car was having very good seling results

as i speak with some managers from gwm they are satisfied how selling of peri and cowry is going, especally because prices of those cars are little bit higher then many other cars in the same class on chinese market, also export is going very well and gwm open plenty of new SKD plants and productions

for florid, i also think that it's look very much like toyota models...but plenty of cars on chinese market look like that, if the customers on the market will accept that car, i am sure that he will have very good result, if they offer 2-3engines for it...i am sure in that

1 - 20 of 79 Posts