China Car Forums banner

181 - 200 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's a very strange looking climate control panel. What you received appears to be manually controlled, right? In China, I've only seen the automatic climate control panels in H3/H5s with the new style instrument panel.

By the way, a Chinese website (image below) seems to indicate the high trim level 2012 H5 will get push-button keyless starting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where is the 2012 H5 ?

A couple of 2012 models were shown a few months ago at auto shows. I was told they'd be available by now. But no news, and dealers haven't been told when to expect them.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqvSHFwCYzw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqvSHFwCYzw[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlufZgR5hAQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlufZgR5hAQ[/ame]
my hover 5 now have almost 35.000 km
here is some video with the car, acceleration and some fun in free time :D:eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
micodelija,
I am interested in buying New 2012 H5 with 2.0 diesel and auto transmission, "Sunroof" version. I know they are both licensed from Hyundai, but I wanted to ask you or anyone else that can provide any feedback on how reliable so far this engine/combo is and any known issues? Thanks!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #185 (Edited)
i think best for you will be to get a test drive, for now here in europe there was only gasoline version, but before 2 months ago in italy was exported first batch of 300 pick up's with diesel engines and as i hear comments are very good, i also had chance to drive it, there is still space for improvements but mainly it's a huge difference if you compare it with older engines, like 2.8 tc, 2.5 tci or other, also in new hover h6 diesel engine was upgraded and driving performance are even better, i can say amazing

i also know that this engine won many rewards in china so it should be good, also this engine use many components for famous brands, like common rail system from bosch and many other things, you can follow great wall official website and there is so many news about it, you can find there that this engine is rewarded as chinese best top 10 engines, at top 20 chinese media test "green and quite" also won a reward for quietness (43db) and consumption (6,8l), also this engine is approved by EU as great wall vehicles pass european type approval homologation

about gearbox,it's still new at the market...so we will see market reaction on it, you can find some test of russian journalist on youtube who had chance to test new hover h5 with automatic gearbox and diesel engine
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOn9er-BY0I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOn9er-BY0I[/ame]
i recommend this video from my colleague zenkevich
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js1ow5_ePx0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js1ow5_ePx0[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyUC7TGlZ4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyUC7TGlZ4[/ame]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dieselhover, I'm in China. I want to buy a 2.0VGT/auto as well. The engine and transmission are NOT produced by GW under license. The 5-speed auto transmissions are purchased complete from Hyundai. They're made in Korea now, but could possibly be sourced from a Hyundai plant in China in the future. GW purchased the 2.0VGT diesel engine technology outright from Kia (Kia's last generation engine). This means GW has the freedom to alter it (which is good and bad). GW is still using Delphi injection as Kia did, but they cancelled the fuel heater that Kia's system included (a dumb move on GW's part). I personally feel Bosch fuel injection is far ahead of financially-troubled Delphi. A Bosch fuel system is standard on the 2.5TCI (with a fuel heater), and was "planned" for the 2.0VGT as a back-up solution if Delphi couldn't fulfill it's contract obligations.

I rarely see 2.0VGTs on the road, which is troubling. Most of the new H5s have the Mitsubishi 2.4L gas (which I'm told delivers better fuel economy than the 2.0 gas). I thought by waiting for the 2012 models to launch, GW would have more time to work through initial production problems of the 2.0VGT. But since there aren't selling many, I'm no longer sure about that.

The first 2.0VGT I drove had no power, and made troubling vibration metallic noises at higher RPMs. But the second 2.0VGT I drove about 2 months later had acceptable power (without the air conditioning turned on), and no abnormal noises came from the engine compartment. I was more or less satisfied. I'm sure it will yield great fuel economy, but engine power with the air conditioning on will be marginal until the turbo kicks in. I suppose, given the truck's weight and the air conditioning's drag, you can't expect more from a 2.0-liter engine. Yes, it's a VGT, which should broaded the turbo's ability to escalate the 2.0L engine's power range, but the engine's power range didn't "feel" any wider than the 2.5TCI. In fact, the 2.5TCI has significantly better driveability at all RPMs.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #187 (Edited)
chinesecars...maybe you should visit your dealerships again :D

at start great wall offer delphi common rail sistem, but little bit after engine is upgraded all new ones use bosch common rail, which have much better acceleration and reaction, you can very easily find a code and model on VIN plate, usually writen with CC6460...and then depend on variant

Quote from offical website:
Since 2005, Bosch's products have been extensively applied to the three main categories of Great Wall Motors' products and numerous innovations have been achieved through joint research and development of engines by both parties. In 2006, Great Wall Motors developed, in joint efforts with Bosch, the electronically controlled high-pressure common-rail diesel engine and became the first manufacturer using such technology in China at that time. The engine was applied to Haval series and later gained its prevalence on China's diesel-powered SUV market. In this May, Bosch's common-rail system was adopted in the diesel-powered Green Static 2.0T engine which matches Wingle 5, thus having increased its fuel-saving performance substantially.

·
Registered
42 Posts
@ micodelija,
So I need to look for "bosch common rail" version of the new 2.0 diesel
One of the videos you posted, claims 9L/100k not the 6.8L GW claims?
On November 3-5 I will be test driving first 2.0 diesel that arrives here.
They send me some PDFs, but not sure if now one can get the Sunroof
with the AT version of the H5? It appeared only Manual tranny gets it?
I am not too hooked in the style look of the H6, I prefer the H5 look...

@ Chinesecars
I am glad that the 5-speed auto transmissions are purchased complete
from Hyundai, and I hope GW only improves the 2.0VGT and uses Bosch.
Still, if they get it right I am sold with a 2.0 diesel, now I drive a 1.4L :)

Please post any new photos/videos/pdfs/whatever you get on this one.

Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
@ micodelija,
So I need to look for "bosch common rail" version of the new 2.0 diesel
One of the videos you posted, claims 9L/100k not the 6.8L GW claims?
On November 3-5 I will be test driving first 2.0 diesel that arrives here.
They send me some PDFs, but not sure if now one can get the Sunroof
with the AT version of the H5? It appeared only Manual tranny gets it?
I am not too hooked in the style look of the H6, I prefer the H5 look...

@ Chinesecars
I am glad that the 5-speed auto transmissions are purchased complete
from Hyundai, and I hope GW only improves the 2.0VGT and uses Bosch.
Still, if they get it right I am sold with a 2.0 diesel, now I drive a 1.4L :)

Please post any new photos/videos/pdfs/whatever you get on this one.

Thank you very much in advance!
about fuel consumption...in european ECE 2004/3 certificate for hover 5 diesel engine is written that lower fuel consumption is 6,7 liters at open road,mix is 8,0 and in city driving is 10l, russian journalist give their result at testing, which was maybe made at city driving or off road conditions, so of course consumption may be different

i am quite sure that if you enter in any showroom of great wall you will have fuel consumption information on the car, or at least sales man should know it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Forget what the "official" website says. I'm here and can tell you the real deal. I stop by the local dealer (a large store) every 1-2 weeks. Every 2.0VGT has been built with Delphi. The blurb on the website actually refers to the 2.5TCi's Bosch injection system (which I like). They built a few 2.0VGT demo H5s with Bosch injection, but given Delphi offered a lower price and was the original supplier under Kia, they went with Delphi. I don't like Delphi. Bosch's technology is farther ahead. But I can't change the fact. Interestingly, the alternate Bosch 2.0VGT has a fuel heater integral with the fuel water separator (it's illustrated in the dealer's service manual), same as the 2.5TCi. It's easy to spot these trucks all have Delphi by looking at the Delphi name on the fuel injection control module and injectors, and Delphi's peculiar secondary fuel filter (which has no heater and can't be easily drained of water like the Bosch unit). The short primary fuel filter (under the rear seat/left side is the same for all diesel versions.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Chinesecars,
I guess we will have to go with Delphi if there is no other option...
But on areas without any extreme cold weather, do you think the
heated filter from Bosch makes much difference? I know there are
electric after-market heater kits on could buy... and also there is
the option to performance chip Delphi (via fuel pressure sensor)
increasing economy/acceleration as needed, closer to the Bosch?

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you don't have extreme cold weather, you'll be okay without the fuel heater. There are no professional aftermarket fuel heater kits available for the 2.0VGT yet. About aftermarket fuel heaters, of course its always nice to be able to buy a kit made for your application, rather than a universal fuel heater that requires you to engineer all the plumbing. In China, there is one unit for sale for the 2.5TCi. It doesn't look that impressive in appearance but it works. It's a shame (actually stupid) that GW doesn't include a fuel heater with this engine as Kia did.

I plan to use diesel fuel additive all year long given the poor quality (high sulfur) diesel fuel in China (it's actually finally beginning to get better because the heavy trucks will soon use Euro-4 engines). During the coldest winter months, I'll temporarily switch to a diesel fuel additive with anti-gel capability.

Performance chips are generally created to fit specific vehicle applications. Since 99.9% of all H5 diesels are sold in China, and there is no demand for performance chips here (most Chinese are unfamiliar with them), I can't imagine you finding a chip to fit (unlike the U.S. diesel pickup market which has huge chip demand). I'm not even sure if a chip was available for Kia models fitted with the 2.0VGT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Chinesecars,
There are electrical heating kits that don't require any plumbing as they attach to the fuel filter body and work by heat transfer only using low 12V consumption, so that would be an option for cold starts, or like me to have a warmed garage in the winter when outside its cold (heating system vents).

Also, there are many sources in Europe/US for chip boxes on the Kia 2.0 an other sizes CDRi so I am confident there should be an option as well if GW uses the pre-2010 engine license. Should take it to the 200hp level I think :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
You are right about the fuel heaters that attach between the fuel filter head and the filter (looks like a black plastic spacer). That's what the Bosch fuel/water separator has on the 2.5TCi (that I like). But the Delphi secondary fuel filter does not screw on. It has the strangest looking fuel hose connections on top that I've ever seen (I'm sorry but I was unable to get a good picture of it, but you can see them in this picture).

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes. Still, should not be an issue since some kits attach around the filter body, and they adjust to many sizes. They work like a clamp-on type and then you connect them to a 12v line with a switch or directly if they have termo-control.

Chinesecars, since you are there in China, what is the 2.0 diesel auto H5 selling for in Euros? Here where I am in Eastern Europe it looks like it will be in the 17,5k-18K range when I order my 2012 model. Would be nice to know, thanks.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Forget what the "official" website says. I'm here and can tell you the real deal. I stop by the local dealer (a large store) every 1-2 weeks. Every 2.0VGT has been built with Delphi. The blurb on the website actually refers to the 2.5TCi's Bosch injection system (which I like). They built a few 2.0VGT demo H5s with Bosch injection, but given Delphi offered a lower price and was the original supplier under Kia, they went with Delphi. I don't like Delphi. Bosch's technology is farther ahead. But I can't change the fact. Interestingly, the alternate Bosch 2.0VGT has a fuel heater integral with the fuel water separator (it's illustrated in the dealer's service manual), same as the 2.5TCi. It's easy to spot these trucks all have Delphi by looking at the Delphi name on the fuel injection control module and injectors, and Delphi's peculiar secondary fuel filter (which has no heater and can't be easily drained of water like the Bosch unit). The short primary fuel filter (under the rear seat/left side is the same for all diesel versions.
:D....visit the company in baoding....:thumb:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Yes. Still, should not be an issue since some kits attach around the filter body, and they adjust to many sizes. They work like a clamp-on type and then you connect them to a 12v line with a switch or directly if they have termo-control.

Chinesecars, since you are there in China, what is the 2.0 diesel auto H5 selling for in Euros? Here where I am in Eastern Europe it looks like it will be in the 17,5k-18K range when I order my 2012 model. Would be nice to know, thanks.
where are you located in eastern europe?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been told that the new 2012 high-end 2.0VGT 4wd H5 "Euro" will cost close to 170,000 Yuan (USD$26,623 / Euro 19,295). Previously, the 2011 price for the same high-spec 2.0VGT 4wd H5 "Euro" in China was 150,000 Yuan (USD$23,491 / Euro 17,025).

The high-spec 2011 H3 4wd 2.5TCi was 143,000 Yuan (USD$22,395 / Euro 16,230).

The new 2012 H5 is supposed to have 5 air bags (instead of 2) and other enhancements (see my previous posts). I saw 2 examples at a car show several months ago.

The H3 has the better looking front end, but although the H3 and H5 have the same main body, I think only the H5 is available with a sunroof. Except for that, they have the same interior options.

Here's the 2012 H5 "Euro" at the car show. They weren't "for sale" - just for looking (oddly, they refused to unlock them).

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Between the 2 H5 models, the "Euro" and the "Extreme", the Euro is the better looking truck. It's not exciting like the H3, but it looks 10 times better than the Extreme with its huge ugly copy of a Chrysler 300N grille.

However, I do like the black rocker panels on the Extreme (plus the rear bumper's lower half is black. With the Euro, the rocker panels are body color (which will show rock chips) and the rear bumper is all body color. If you could get the Euro model with the Extreme'e black rocker panels and rear bumper, you would have the perfect H5.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
@ micodelija.
I am located in Moldova (Between Romania and Ukraine in case you haven't heard :)

@ Chinesecars,

Thanks very much for the prices info and the pictures! OK, so I take that for me its the H5 "Sunroof" version with (if possible) Extreme Black Rocker Panels + Rear Bumper (BTW, I like that extra chrome line in the front grill they added)... That would be a very good looking Hover indeed :) I got about $26K Budget for this deal, so will see how it goes when I order it sometime next month...

181 - 200 of 351 Posts