China Car Forums banner

201 - 220 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
@ micodelija.
I am located in Moldova (Between Romania and Ukraine in case you haven't heard :)

@ Chinesecars,

Thanks very much for the prices info and the pictures! OK, so I take that for me its the H5 "Sunroof" version with (if possible) Extreme Black Rocker Panels + Rear Bumper (BTW, I like that extra chrome line in the front grill they added)... That would be a very good looking Hover indeed :) I got about $26K Budget for this deal, so will see how it goes when I order it sometime next month...
i hear and know where you are located, our local football club play a game about some club from your country :thumb:

how do you think to buy a car? is there a dealerships ih moldova or you will try to import it from romania or ukraine?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am planning to order via the only well known dealer here, but I wanted to ask you think it may be cheaper to import from other area? How close to the prices that Chinesecars posted are you in your area? And is it possible to order the vehicle with the options I am thinking to get? How flexible are Chinese to custom requests?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I am planning to order via the only well known dealer here, but I wanted to ask you think it may be cheaper to import from other area? How close to the prices that Chinesecars posted are you in your area? And is it possible to order the vehicle with the options I am thinking to get? How flexible are Chinese to custom requests?
all depends what are import customs in your country, also if you dealer don't have a contract with great wall, there no possibility that he will buy a car directly from company, only from where you can buy a car is somewhere near, but i also don't know what are homologation law in your country

about customs requests....very difficult, only if you order big amount of cars, for now they usually offer some basic equipment, which can be modified but only by small issues, like you want leather seats or not, or maybe sunroof or not

·
Registered
42 Posts
micodelija,
Thanks for the update :) I don't know that much about local dealer but will find out more...
If you come across any pricing range on other areas for the 2012 H5 Diesel Auto let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Chinesecars,
Thank you very much for posting all those pictures! Great info, I appreciate it.
I thought the rear suspension was leaf springs (softer) than coil springs used?

·
Registered
42 Posts
@tdi,
So you are saying just the Wingle pickup had/has the leaf springs on the back?

@Chinesecars,
Thank for the extra pictures. Do you have any of the H5 auto AWD? Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I forgot to ask here, if anyone knows, if there is room to cranking those torsion bars which
would allow the front higher and therefore to level a bit better with the back of the hover?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here are some left and right underbody pictures of an H5 with the Hyundai 5R35 5-speed automatic.

I stopped by the dealer yesterday and they still don't have any 2012 models. They had promised 2012 models would arrive in September, and then promised in October. And now they have no idea. It's all very strange. Certainly causes a customer to lose faith in the brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Chinesecars,
I think you posted the AWD version of this transmission with a transfer case in previous pictures, now that I understand its the Hyundai tranny, thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here are two things I don't like. The 2.0VGT's Delphi fuel system has a fuel "primer bulb" like an outboard motor. This looks cheap to me.

The 2.0VGT's engine oil dipstick design allows dirt and dust to fall into the top of the tube. Sure, the dipstick has an o-ring. But when you pull out the dipstick, inevitably, dirt will fall in and contaminate the oil.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
The 2.5TCi has a much better engine oil dipstick design, with an upper "cover" over the dipstick tube opening, that effectively prevents dirt from entering. Most dipsticks have this design. I can't imagine what GW was thinking when they design the 2.0VGT's dipstick.

One of the 2.5TCi's few negative aspects is the engine oil dipstick is inconveniently located at the rear of the engine next to the firewall. It's inconvenient to reach.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe that I have solved the confusion over the 2.0VGT about Delphi and Bosch fuel systems. Apparently the 110kW (150hp) 4D20 version of the 2.0VGT, used with the Hyundai 5R35 5-speed automatic transmission, gets the Delphi fuel system.

The newer 4D20B version (100kW/136hp) introduced this year specifically for H5s ordered with the 6-speed manual transmission gets the better (my opinion) Bosch fuel system.

It’s important to remember that the 4D20 uses a Borg-Warner variable geometry turbocharger (VGT), but the 4D20B uses an inferior Shanghai MHI wastegate turbocharger.

The 4D20 with its Delphi fuel system and Borg-Warner VGT seems to differ little from the original Kia 2.0 CRDi. I only know they deleted the fuel heater (a bad decision by GW).

As I posted earlier, the reduced horsepower appears to be an effort to solve the clutch and transmission problems occurring with 6-speed manual transmission 2.0VGT H5s.

Because of China's terrible traffic jams, I'm leaning towards the automatic transmission although I do enjoy the sporty feeling of a 6-speed manual. I wish GW would stop using the Zomax 6-speed transmission and cooperate with a better transmission and clutch suppliers (ie. Getrag and ZF) to resolve the high failure rates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Chinescars,
I guess we cant have it all... But I would definitely go with the Delphi system as long as the more Hyundai-like engine design and auto transmission comes along... It seems to me that "chiping" the Delphi with already available Kia 2.0 CDRi module would give you the same or better performance/economy than the Bosh on a "B" version engine that has already been "tamed" by GW anyways... just my 2 cents :)

201 - 220 of 351 Posts