China Car Forums banner

121 - 140 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #122

what i like the most??? DVD SYSTEM!!! :D:thumb:

car is absolute fantastic , simply great wall upgrade all the missing things on old models, seats are better, driving skills, interior quality,so many upgrades which i can't even write here

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #123

here is also one amazing paint job, made in italy
"mat" color style, look very attractive but cost is also expensive to make it, this car also have front led lights and 18 inch rims 255/55

·
Registered
196 Posts

here is also one amazing paint job, made in italy
"mat" color style, look very attractive but cost is also expensive to make it, this car also have front led lights and 18 inch rims 255/55
i don't understand why they made these expensive mat painted versions. were they ordered or special versions to display?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
how much does it cost?
too much :D
this car on upper photo have lot of extra equipment:
- lpg
- mat color
- abs body kit for whole car, front, rear, side
- 18 inch rims are tires 255/55
- small front led lights

all of this cost almost 6000€, maybe even more, i am not sure

this is basic car, without any of that, i like this red color, fits good
here where i live also many customers ask for extra equipment and people simply want to pay for it, because many of them want to have personalized car

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm ready to buy an H5 in China right now but I'm also extremely frustrated. First, the Eaton “MLocker” axle differential is only available with the gasoline engines and I absolutely want a diesel engine.

I'm considering the H5 with the 2.0VGT diesel engine, but the front end designs of both H5 models can’t even compare with the terrific looking H3 (especially the diesel models with their intercooler hood scoop).

The H5 "Extreme" model has a terrible looking huge grille (looks like a Chrysler 300C car grille). The other “Euro” model grille isn’t so bad, but it’s bland and boring.

I also learned that the H5 2.0VGT doesn’t offer the complete Borg-Warner TOD system with all 4 modes (like Ford and Isuzu). It only has 2 modes, 2wd and auto 4wd. They didn’t include full-time 4-wheel drive (high range) and full-time 4-wheel drive (low range).

I want the “go anywhere” capability of the H3’s traditional transfer case with high and low range 4wd lock, the performance and economy advantage of the new 2.0VGT engine, and absolutely the classic looks of the H3’s front end.

I drove two new H5s last week. The new 6-speed’s synchronizers seem much better than the old notchy 5-speed manual (1st and 2nd gear synchros are really notchy). BUT, it has a dangerous design flaw (at least presently). Because the shift lever’s left side "detent spring" is VERY weak, it is VERY easy to accidently shift the transmission into reverse gear when you are attempting to enter 1st gear. It’s VERY easy to accidently shift into reverse.

The new Hyundai 5-speed automatic transmission handles great. But, the electronic fuel pedal responds strangely. When you push the fuel pedal, it has a "delayed response". You have to wait a few seconds while the engine’s rpms slowly begin to accelerate. It doesn't respond (accelerate) immediately to pedal movement like most cars and trucks with electronic fuel pedals (and the cable-controlled 2.5TCI/5-speed and 2.0VGT/6-speed). You begin pushing the pedal down but nothing happens. Then slowly, the power arrives. Strange. That needs to be fixed.

The 2.0VGT has a dead performance area under 2,000rpm, before the turbo begins to help (actually the 2.5TCI has better low rpm performance and a much smoother transition into the “turbo power range”). I also thought the electronic fuel pedal's spring (in the auto H5) is a bit stiff (long trips might be uncomfortable for your right leg).

The 2.0VGT has very acceptable noise levels up to 3,000 rpm. But at about 3,500 rpm (within the engine's operating range), the engine begins making terrible sounds. It may be vibrations, or the engine itself. Anyway, it’s not a normal sound.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was ready to get the 2.5TCI after being extremely impressed over two test drives. But when I heard about the new 2.0VGT (variable geometry turbocharger) which supposedly has more horsepower and torque than the 2.5TCI, and the modern VGT, I naturally decided to buy the 2.0VGT. But after driving both, the 2.5TCI still feels more powerful and clearly offers better driveability, particularly at low rpms.

Because I’m in north China with extremely cold winter temperatures, I was concerned about winter operation. I inspected a 2.5TCI-equipped H3 on a lift and saw the engine-mounted fuel/water separator has a fuel heater (it looks like a plastic spacer between the fuel filter and the adaptor). I assume it’s thermostatically controlled. There’s also a primary fuel filter between the fuel tank and the fuel/water separator (the more filters, the better). Bosch helped Great Wall develop the common rail fuel injection system (possibly the turbo too but I don’t know). I just know it runs great, seemingly better than the new 2.0VGT.

Currently, the H3 available with the 2.5TCI matched to the notchy 5-speed manual.
The H5 “Extreme” with the huge Chrysler 300C grille is also available with the 2.5TCI and 5-speed manual (it has an intercooler hood scoop like the H3). The H5 “Euro” is the only model currently offering the 2.0VGT, matched to the new 6-speed manual or the Hyundai 5-speed automatic transmission. The H5 “Euro” doesn’t have a hood scoop because the intercooler is located behind a front bumper grille. My concern is the intercooler will load up with mud/dirt (it’s an SUV) and lose effectiveness.

I’m going to wait a month and then go drive some “just arrived” H5s again, to see if Great Wall has resolved the 2.0VGT’s throttle response driveability problem, and the new 6-speeds dangerous shifting problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was ready to get the 2.5TCI after being extremely impressed over two test drives. But when I heard about the new 2.0VGT (variable geometry turbocharger) which supposedly has more horsepower and torque than the 2.5TCI, and the modern VGT, I naturally decided to buy the 2.0VGT. But after driving both, the 2.5TCI still feels more powerful and clearly offers better driveability, particularly at low rpms.

Because I’m in north China with extremely cold winter temperatures, I was concerned about winter operation. I inspected a 2.5TCI-equipped H3 on a lift and saw the engine-mounted fuel/water separator has a fuel heater (it looks like a plastic spacer between the fuel filter and the adaptor). I assume it’s thermostatically controlled. There’s also a primary fuel filter between the fuel tank and the fuel/water separator (the more filters, the better). Bosch helped Great Wall develop the common rail fuel injection system (possibly the turbo too but I don’t know). I just know it runs great, seemingly better than the new 2.0VGT.

Currently, the H3 available with the 2.5TCI matched to the notchy 5-speed manual.
The H5 “Extreme” with the huge Chrysler 300C grille is also available with the 2.5TCI and 5-speed manual (it has an intercooler hood scoop like the H3). The H5 “Euro” is the only model currently offering the 2.0VGT, matched to the new 6-speed manual or the Hyundai 5-speed automatic transmission. The H5 “Euro” doesn’t have a hood scoop because the intercooler is located behind a front bumper grille. My concern is the intercooler will load up with mud/dirt (it’s an SUV) and lose effectiveness.

I’m going to wait a month and then go drive some “just arrived” H5s again, to see if Great Wall has resolved the 2.0VGT’s throttle response driveability problem, and the new 6-speeds dangerous shifting problem.
hi
be care full i am unfortunately buyer of the new h 5 2.0vgt
i am having big problems clutch plate failed in 10k kilometer
also engine spanner sign is coming and 4 s shop cannot solve it
in next post i post picture also gear box is not ok also
narry:confused:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #133

i think 2.5 tci in reliable engine, many of them are sold in south africa, maybe you can join some south-african forum and follow how engines work, but mainly people are satisfied, also it have classic 5 speed gearbox, so you should not be worried about

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
hi
be care full i am unfortunately buyer of the new h 5 2.0vgt
i am having big problems clutch plate failed in 10k kilometer
also engine spanner sign is coming and 4 s shop cannot solve it
in next post i post picture also gear box is not ok also
narry:confused:
i am sure that you also got a warranty on your car, so you should demand that seller fix it, i had a friend who buy completely new BMW 530d and car broke almost after 2 week usage, and problem was with engine alternator, which wasn't able to start the engine, simply many cars are now made in big serial production, so there is always possibility that something went wrong during production, despite all the control which many companies had and then manufactures need to re-call their model for upgrade of check-in services, here in europe you can visit RAPEX website, it's a website when you can follow all re-calls of vehicles which had any problems, list is quite impressive, everyday you can see there many famous car makers like Peugeot, Toyota, Renault or other, so you should not be worried about

simply went to your service station and demand checking and repair of your car, replace the clutch, put diagnostic system on car or let they check complete engine and fix your car to be safe for driving :thumb:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really like the H3/H5 range. But it seems they have a lot of problem solving to do right now.
It’s frustrating. The H3 is easily the best looking model (particularly the diesel with the hood scoop). The H3’s only issue is the 5-speed manual transmission’s notchy synchronizers in 1st and 2nd gear. There’s no excuse for such poor shift quality in year 2011. It’s not a reliability issue, rather, it’s a driveability issue.

I’d also say that, when spec’d with the 5-speed transmission, the rear axle ratio should be a bit lower (higher numerically). You can feel that first gear is starting out faster than the norm. It feels like they are using the same rear axle ratio as their 2wd pickup trucks with smaller tires, which of course compromises the H3/H5 with its larger tires.

As for the engine, despite contrary performance numbers, my seat-of-the-pants feeling is the 2.5TCI has more power than the 2.0VGT. It absolutely does at low rpms before the turbo kicks in. And after the turbo kicks in, it feels about the same. That’s a heavy truck for a 2.0 liter diesel engine to push, so until the turbo does kick in after 2,000rpm, that cutting-edge variable geometry turbo (VGT) doesn’t contribute a whole lot and it shows.

Although I’m leaning towards the 2.5TCI diesel now, Great Wall should also offer the 2.0VGT in the H3 with the new 6-speed or Hyundai 5-speed automatic (after they get the problems resolved).

It’s interesting to hear you say the new 6-speed’s clutch isn’t holding up behind the new 2.0VGT in the H5. I’m about sure it isn’t the same clutch as the 2.5TCI/5-speed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went to the local Great Wall dealer last weekend and drove a “just arrived” H5 with the 2.0VGT diesel and automatic. This truck drove fine. It didn’t have the driveability problems I mentioned in my previous post with an H5 having the same specifications. HOWEVER, while it had acceptable performance under 3,000 rpm prior to the turbo entering the picture, that all changed when I turned on the air conditioning. With the air conditioner turned on, the truck is very slow. If you pushed the accelerator pedal down more (than normal), it doesn’t make much difference except that you create another problem, that is the turbo’s power enters at 3,000 rpm too harshly (because you were pushing the accelerator pedal down almost all the way trying to accelerate at a reasonable speed). I could “adapt” to it if I had to, always prepared to turn off the air conditioning in case I need fast acceleration in an emergency traffic situation, if I really wanted that Hyundai auto transmission (it’s ONLY available in the H5 with the 2.0VGT engine).

This truck was 2wd. Strangely, the two dealers in my area are not receiving any 4wd H5s with the 2.0VGT (4wd sells well in my area). They aren’t getting any H5’s with the new 6-speed either. Perhaps the factory is working to solve the dangerous shift lever detent spring problem.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
i think that you are too confused and simply don't know what to buy, great wall have 4x4 models with two engines, 2.5 tci diesel (80kw) or 2.0 and 2.4 mitsubishi gasoline engine (90-100kw), those models are available with heavy duty 4x4, which have, 2h,4h and 4l driving mode

2.0 new diesel will be available with awd sistem, and it will not have 4L mode, which you need for heavy-duty roads, it have 2h and awd mode and follow a trend of modern SUV vehicles

models list are very clear, so you can choose between them, if you can't find what you need maybe you can search for a model which is make according to your needs, even if you had to look at other car band and find a car which will be a perfect car for you and your needs, also you even don't buy a car and you are already worried about so many things...you will never be satisfied if you will be always worried about something

there is also no any problems with gearbox...or any problems with A/C, i got hover at home and it don't lost any power with A/C, no matter is it on or off, also gearbox work fine and every gearbox have protection from wrong shifting, also if somebody make a wrong shifting that person should go again in driving school and learn how to drive

·
Registered
938 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/8128/u_2010070911165377184.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/8128/u_201008261417093113655.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/8128/u_201008261416237173655.jpg

if you want diesel you can choose h3 version, 2.5 tci with 80 kw, which also have 2h, 4h and 4l mode, this is quite good and reliable diesel engine with 5 speed gearbox

hover h5 with 2.0 vgt, automatic and awd isn't good for your needs, you should look for a models which are best for your needs and only these two models are

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not confused, just frustrated by limited component availability and design problems.

Excluding gasoline engines (because I want a diesel), I said:

1. The H3 is only available with the 2.5TCI matched to the notchy 5-speed manual (why isn't the 2.0VGT and Hyundai 5-speed automatic available?).
2. The H5 “Extreme”, with the huge Chrysler 300C grille, is also available with the 2.5TCI and 5-speed manual (an old design, reverse is not synchronized).
3. The H5 “Euro” is the only model offering the new 2.0VGT, matched to the new 6-speed manual or the Hyundai 5-speed automatic transmission.

I'm frustrated because:

1. Diesel engine models are NOT available with the Eaton “MLocker” locking rear axle differential.
2. The best looking model, the H3 diesel with it's superb grille and intercooler hood scoop combination, is not available with the 2.0VGT and Hyundai 5-speed automatic.
3. The H5 2.0VGT doesn’t offer the complete Borg-Warner TOD system with all 4 modes (like Ford and Isuzu). It only has 2 modes, 2wd and auto 4wd. They didn’t include full-time 4-wheel drive (high range) and full-time 4-wheel drive (low range). The driver can't lock it in 4wd high or low (and there is no low range).
4. Every new 6-speed equipped H5 I've seen has the same dangerous design flaw. Because the shift lever’s left side "detent spring" is VERY weak, it's extremely easy to accidently shift the transmission into reverse gear when you are attempting to enter 1st gear.
5. When the air conditioning is on, the 2.0VGT is seriously underpowered until the turbo begins to help around 3000rpm.
6. The 2.0VGT sounds normal up to 3,000 rpm. But at about 3,500 rpm (within the engine's operating range), the engine begins making terrible abnormal sounds.
7. The new cruise control option is only available with the 2.0VGT/5-speed automatic powertrain combination (Most carmakers offer cruise control with all engine/transmission combinations including manual transmissions).

121 - 140 of 351 Posts