New Hover with 2.8 litre turbo diesel

new hover..it have some changes in interior

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/2734/u_2734594122657.jpg

i don't like that new mask

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/2734/u_2734638081091.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/1590/u_1590681308222.jpg

also here is the engine

http://img.autohome.com.cn/upload/spec/2734/u_2734427456686.jpg

2.8 tdi...only 95 hp! this engine is old gw28d engine,just have turbo and bosch supply i think that it's low for hover...for pick up maybe...i have information that company building new 2.0 common rail engine..which will be base engine in all models

#8 ·
Hover around the world

Hi,
on the GWM-homepage i´ve read a team will crossing countries around the world to promote the CUV Hover.
They`ll also staying in Germany. Does anyone know the schedule, especially the date and location for the presentation in Germany?
Thank you very much for an answer.
toemo

#13 ·
Hover is dated

Great Wall is too progressive to stay with the Hover for very long. Yes, it has lots of style, but in addition to it's outdated frame, a recent article about "Design flaws" cite its (Axiom donor's) restricted rear door ingress/egress for larger bodied passengers.

I hope GW comes up with some original body/frame combinations to go well with its innovative Intec diesel engine series.

#16 ·
Great Wall is no stranger to diesels, as seen in the recent introduction of the self developed INTEC common rail diesel in the Wingle pickup.
Its Internal Combustion Engine division company produces diesels for BAW, JAC, Golden Dragon and others.
Perhaps its neighbors in Baoding, Zhongxing, Tianma, and Dadi also use its diesel engines.
Now that these companies are competing intenationally, the old cloned Toyota 4Y, four cylinder gasoline engine, the 491QE, will just not get the job done anymore.

#21 ·

also the same engine in the wingle pick up from paris,the engines comply with euro 3 emission standars

personaly i think that engine needs more power,only 94 ps for 1900 kg from hover?? that engine will go for sure for about 300000 miles,but i think that it's too slow,i never drive it yet..i will try now when i go in china,for pick up...also,i think that they both shoud have at least 100 kw like some other companies,toyota,mazda,nissan (174 ps from navara),also only euro 3 emmison??? here in europe you can't sell diesel with euro 3 engine,you can in countires which are not part of european union,but in 2007 and 2008 also it woun't be availbe

they can put VM engine from italy,it's euro 4,other companies also have it (jeep,hyundai) and have 100-110 kw,for chinese market this engine will be ok,also for middle east,but for european...i don't know,maybe for "old school" drivers and fan of diesel engines

#23 ·
no problem,you must see the engine from close look,it's very small,it that space what hover have you can put there at least v6 engine,and when you see this you ask yourself that little engine can drive that car???

but the company is very proud at that engine,becuse as i know...many little chinese manifactures have diesel engines with common rail and euro 3 emission,of course it's a big step forward for them,but we must be raelistic,with that techologie what they have...i think that they can do better engine than that with more kw,and at least euro 4...in europe already start euro 5 law!

#25 ·
in germany,france,spain...people will use the model with lpg,like italians,already 500 models of hover
for diesel engine,we don't like...because we all want do drive fast,but when i was in paris people was delighted with that engine,as i know people don't like those 1.9 or 2.0 diesel engines which have over 150 ps and can go for about 150000 km,i am sure that with that engine you can go over 300000 miles witohout any repairings

#26 · (Edited)
also here in croatia,serbia,bosnia...just tell that you have vehicle on lpg!
ok..bosnians prefer diesels because of old mercedes benz 200 d and 240 d which you have in bosnia maybe more than in germany!
in croatia and serbia it's a LPG boom,because of high prices of gasoline,all manifactures already offer their vehicles on lpg,seat,fiat,skoda,mitsubishi,hyundai...with warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.